Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On highway this morning my Malfunction Indicator Light came on...the car became sluggish so I slowed down. The light stayed on for the balance of my trip, about 40 miles. I've looked in several sites and see that this could mean several things. I see several comments that it could be 'bad' gas so do I need to run the 1/4 tank that's left out or can I just fill up?

Has anyone actually taken to dealer and had problem/results identified? It looks like my first stop should be at AutoZone to have computer checked, is that right?

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,440 Posts
Has anyone actually taken to dealer and had problem/results identified? It looks like my first stop should be at AutoZone to have computer checked, is that right?
yes... and welcome aboard....

also, we need more info regarding your car to that we can help you better.... year make model miles transmission to name a few....

i would suggest putting ur car info into your signature area, in case you have future issues....

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
There are literally hundreds of reasons that light comes on. You should not have driven 40 miles, you should have pulled over the first time you saw an auto store. Get the code checked ASAP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts