Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went there this weekend to get my oil changed and have a transmission service done. My car is an 02 Accord, 38,500 miles on it and its an auto. 90 minutes later the service advisor calls me over and hands me a list of things that needed to be done, they include:

Coolant replacement
Power Steering flush
Brake flush
Injector/decarbonization service
Replace sway bar bushings

OK, the coolant was replace in December when I did the timing belt, hoses and water pump. The power steering and brake fluids were flushed about a month ago. The sway bar bushings look fine, and the injector service, really? Carbon build up at 38,000 miles?

When I was there 15 months ago, I was told I needed lower ball joints, struts and tie rods. I knew all this was BS, since Honda of Coral Springs had just given the car a clean bill of health a few weeks before. What really sent me over the edge was call the crap they told me I needed to fix the time before was now fine.

I think I will be writing and sending all my docouments to Honda USA, in the meantime stay away from Manhasst Honda.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think my Honda dealer is the same way. I have a 2012 Accord and when I got my last oil change my service advisor said the next time I come in for an oil change I will need to have my tire alignment checked and that would be around 180.00 with the next oil change. I have never heard checking the alignment on a car that will only have about 14,000 miles on it by the time I get the oil changed again. So I am looking for a different shop. I am done with dealers unless it is a warranty repair. Dave

·
Registered
178 Posts
Seems typical to me. I have found in my experience that most auto mechanic shops are dishonest and only out to rip you off. I hate to make a statement like that but that's my experience. Unless the car is under warranty I don't trust dealer service centers either, they're no better. They recommend all kinds of things you don't need and then try and overcharge for them. Or they, and shops in general do much worse things. I've been lied to about parts that need to be replaced. I've had my cars sabotaged by shops apparently hoping to bring in more business. The big chain shops like Firestone, Midas, Sears auto etc. are just as bad as the rest, if not worse.

·
Chris
23 Posts
Paragon does it too

Funny you should say that, about a year ago I took my 7.5 gen in for and oil change, the advisor handed me list of stuff I need done. Almost half of it was done a month prior and the rest weren't needed based on my mileage :thumbsdow . From that point I refuse to go there for anything. Paragon Honda does the same thing. I go to Millennium Honda and sometimes Hillside Honda for service my friend & I can't do. It's a shame as Manhasset Honda it only 15min from my house via Northern Blvd. I've since traded in my 7.5 for a 9th gen :banana: so I shouldn't have that problem anymore.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, I just a phone call from Honda USA....

If you read my post Manhasset Honda is at it again you know the beginning of the story. I just got off the phone from Honda USA who as "noted" my complaint about this dealership. I was told they are independently owned and they have nothing to do with them....blah, blah, blah. However my complaint will be brought to the attention of the service manager. Next she wanted to know what I wanted out of this.....since I wasn't ripped off all I asked was that my case be investigated. In short, I spent 15 minutes on the phone telling her about these dirt bags and she told me they have a license to print money. Time to try and find someone else to service my car.

Now I'm waiting to hear from the service manager to hear what he says.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Seems typical to me. I have found in my experience that most auto mechanic shops are dishonest and only out to rip you off. I hate to make a statement like that but that's my experience. Unless the car is under warranty I don't trust dealer service centers either, they're no better. They recommend all kinds of things you don't need and then try and overcharge for them. Or they, and shops in general do much worse things. I've been lied to about parts that need to be replaced. I've had my cars sabotaged by shops apparently hoping to bring in more business. The big chain shops like Firestone, Midas, Sears auto etc. are just as bad as the rest, if not worse.
What we need is more people sharing their experiences on Yelp, so we can avoid all the bad shops and reward the good ones.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
In their defense if they cannof find a record where they did the coolant change then how would they know you changed it?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can test it.....also you can tell its fresh, it was clean not like antifreeze that's old and cloudy with bits of crud in it. Also the new hoses and water pump should be a dead giveaway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts