Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted something weeks ago on a thread that had this issue, but nobody answered. Can I get an auto start on my manual accord?....is there a way to bypass it?

·
Registered
851 Posts
yes you can... my friend has the camaro v8 stick and hes got auto start on his... you just have to find someone thats willing to do it cause it can cause problems and you must remember not to keep the car in gear after turning the car off.....

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
You can go the cheap and easy but dangerous way out by getting a regular remote starter kit for automatic transmissions, and then bypass the clutch starter-interrupt switch......

OR, you can buy a remote starter that is engineered SPECIFICALLY for manual transmissions (I know there is one out there but I forget the name, I'm sure you can google it)

It forces you to park the car by parking it in neutral with the key still in the ignition and engine running and hand brake engaged, then while holding the clutch and brake down while it's still in neutral press the remote start button. THEN release the clutch and brake, remove the key, open the door (all the while the engine is still running), close the door, then hit the remote lock button. That locks the doors, sets the alarm, and the remote starter will then kill the engine.

It creates a loop of verification to the remote starter that the car has been parked in neutral, and if that procedure isn't done right, or if you get back into the car and press the clutch pedal again or take off the hand brake, then shut the door, the car will not start if you try to use the remote start.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys, sounds complicated.....I think ill just leave it for now.

·
Reverse Gear
779 Posts
When I was installing it on my lancer, clutch bypass was simply unplugging the sensor from the back of the clutch pedal because the sensor was sending 12V when the clutch was not pressed in, by disconnecting it, a permanent "nothing" was sent therefore allowing a car to start in neutral.

It is dangerous though....

·
Super Moderator
4,310 Posts
All the new Directed Brand remote starters come with manual transmission mode. You have to do a series of steps in order to ensure that the car is left in neutral.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts