Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Accord '04 EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! Drivers manual seat won't move forward anymore and my Mrs is tiny. We need to be able to move it forward and back.

Im *not* very handy mechanically and am on a budget- is this something I can remove the seat and try to fix?
If so I guess I gotta disconnect the battery and some wires below the sear?
Or is it something any mechanic can fix?
Or must it be a dealer?
What kind of costs am I looking at?
Im new to this forum. If there is a better category to post this in, please let me know.

· Registered
184 Posts
Definitely not a dealership fix. If you can't tackle it, any reputable shop should be able to. Probably cost you an hour shop rate - so $150 or less. They'll probably quote you a price beforehand.

Is it not unlatching? Or is it not sliding? The seats are not hard to pull. There are four bolts, that you have to pop plastic covers off of to get to, then once those are out, tip the seat back and undo the wiring harness clips. There should be three IIRC. Either way, you can tip the seat back and get a good look at the underside and figure out what is not working. When you pull on the seat release, there should be a linkage that unlocks the mechanism that holds the seat in place. I would suspect something in the linkage failed if it's not unlocking.

· Premium Member
3,547 Posts
Take a good look underneath w/flashlight to make sure nothing's jammed, also, look between the seat and the center console to see that something didn't get stuck...if you don't see anything, then:
Unhook the harnesses, remove the bolts, take it out, turn it over and you should be able to see what's going on.

· Registered
196 Posts
Take a good look underneath w/flashlight to make sure nothing's jammed, also, look between the seat and the center console to see that something didn't get stuck...if you don't see anything, then:
Unhook the harnesses, remove the bolts, take it out, turn it over and you should be able to see what's going on.
Most likely a coin had dropped into the rail. Happened to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.