Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5spd manual and I've noticed at times it revs to 3k-3500 w/o me even doing anything except just put in reverse and slowly goin back.... Anyone had anything like this w/ their accords?

I've driven manuals since I was 16/17 years old, so I know what I'm doing/how to drive them.

I'm gonna take it in soon before my warranty expires.. but any idea what it could be?

·
Registered
382 Posts
--I have a 5 speed manual 4 cyl.--2008 ex Accord---my car DOES NOT do this in REVERSE...

·
Registered
970 Posts
Could be the problem with EGR valve or event ECM or possibly throttle control module.
Have someone video record you as this happens and take it dealer.

Rpm in cold engine should not exceed 2.5 to 2.8K

How is you fuel MPG?

·
Banned
72 Posts
definetely take it to the dealer before the warranty expires. i have a 5 speed manual accord, and mine does not do this. good luck.

·
6,322 Posts
Still seems excessive even in the frigid cold. I'd take it to the dealer and have it sit overnight at the dealer so they can easily replicate the issue. If it becomes an issue down the road at least it will be documented. So make sure you receive an invoice.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,457 Posts
i would take it to the dealer.... it should NOT be doing that at all...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it did it again today and it definitely wasn't as much as i thought... went up to like 2k ish

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I am almost positive there was a TSB about accords accelerating at idle on cold start but can't seem to find it. I have a 2003 auto and on cold start in drive my car can go over 10mph without pressing the throttle, never tried it in reverse.

You can take it to the dealer but im not sure they will do anything...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts