Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 accord ex failed i/m. the fail is for manufacturer specific code P1164. The autozone guys said an o2 sensor. $40.0- $95.0 price range for after market stuff.
The honda place said it must be honda part because it is a super low emmisions vehicle at a cost of $ 225.0
Does any one know for sure?

·
Registered
663 Posts
My 2001 accord ex failed i/m. the fail is for manufacturer specific code P1164. The autozone guys said an o2 sensor. $40.0- $95.0 price range for after market stuff.
The honda place said it must be honda part because it is a super low emmisions vehicle at a cost of $ 225.0
Does any one know for sure?
Is this just price for the part without labor? Did they give you a part number?
I guess there is may be a cheaper alternative to Honda genuine part. But in order to find it you have to provide us a genuine part number first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had several quotes for just the part. the lowest is 168.0. The Honda part number is 365PAA305.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have had several quotes for just the part. the lowest is 168.0. The Honda part number is 365PAA305.
Did you type a correct number? Search returns nothing on your number.
I did quite a search for similar number and found this thread http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2449107. It is very informative.
The guy finally found the correct sensor for his ULEV Accord. This was Denso, part number 234-9014.
Here is the link where it is listed: http://www.amazon.com/Denso-234-9014-Oxygen-Sensor-Ratio/dp/B000C5UFW6

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
It's not an O2 sensor, it's a code for the wideband air/fuel sensor poor performance.

You must have a ULEV car. Common code.

·
'08CoupeI4 EX BelizeBlue
193 Posts
^^^As always good call Fredsvt...I was too lazy to look it up:

P1164 Air/Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Range/Performance Problem
P1164 Air/Fuel Ratio (AF) Sensor (Sensor 1) Circuit Range/Performance

·
Registered
663 Posts
Fred,
Did I give the correct link on Amazon.com?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so guys I am a little confused, does this information apply to my question posted above for a 2001 accord

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
Yes. If you are getting that code, you don't have a conventional O2 sensor, it's an air/fuel sensor.

The best thing to do is get it from honda, I've had all kinds of issues getting the correct ones for these cars. You need to get it by the car's VIN. It will be expensive.

Your car must be a ULEV, since that engine is the one that uses it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
there is no need to get an oe sensor a good aftermarket will be fine, i have used denso and they have always worked fine. actually if you take out the sensor it will most likely say denso on it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OMG.. my brother told me to learn about cars. any one know any one fair and reliable in SLC Ut. area?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts