Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2014 Sport
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if your able to get the map light on when you unlock the door instead of the rear back seat light? I mean to say to have all of the interior lights on.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Does anyone know if your able to get the map light on when you unlock the door instead of the rear back seat light? I mean to say to have all of the interior lights on.
You need to have the switch to the right of the left light set to "DOOR."

·
Registered
480 Posts
You have to run a wire from the dome light to the map lights. There are a few threads about it on the forum if you search for "dome light mod" or something similar.

You need to have the switch to the right of the left light set to "DOOR."
The higher trim levels, like your Touring, already turn both the map lights along with the dome light on when opening the door. The lower trim levels don't operate like this (only the dome light comes on) unless you've completed the mod.

·
2014 Sport
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Close thread, I figured it out. Thanks!

Yeah I should've searched first before making this thread. But I did find the link. It took not even 10mins to complete. Now I'm satisfied lol.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You have to run a wire from the dome light to the map lights. There are a few threads about it on the forum if you search for "dome light mod" or something similar.

The higher trim levels, like your Touring, already turn both the map lights along with the dome light on when opening the door. The lower trim levels don't operate like this (only the dome light comes on) unless you've completed the mod.
My apologies! I thought the map lights in all trims behaved the same way. :sorry:

(Couple weeks ago, I had a '13 Civic LX for a service loaner while my oil was being changed and the initial VCM check was being done. I think I flipped the switch in front, and both sets of lights came on when I opened the door. Same with a CR-V I had for a couple days while they were doing the more thorough checks (though that was an EX AWD). Odd. :dunno:)

So Honda puts auto-climate in all the Accords (except the Canadian LX), but cost-cuts stuff like that dome-light sync, and is starting to pull stuff taking the Accord to a Civic level by specifying windshield glass without the tint strip! I swear, sometimes ya just gotta wonder WTF they put in the water in Torrance, CA, especially in the Honda Of America building where they keep the bean-counters!! :nuts: :rolleyes: (What WILL be lost at the MMC despite a likely gain of HondaLink 2.0 and maybe a clean-up of the center-stack and perhaps the inclusion of the (Touring) TFT mId in the instrument cluster? The little LED ambient light, leaving a dimple in the plastic (as with the last-gen MMC)? See-through carpeted mats?! :lmao: I'm going to guess the auto up-down passenger window, just like the Camry!! Place yer bets!!! :deal: :D)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts