Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with an LX sedan attempted to mod their map lights so that they come on with the dome light when you open the door?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm interested in this. I put a 20smd led in the dome and it made a world of difference. Also put 5 SMD Leds in the map lights.

Just put a 24smd flat panel led in the dome yesterday and the car is bright as day with the single light.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Has anyone with an LX sedan attempted to mod their map lights so that they come on with the dome light when you open the door?
There should be a switch in the middle of the 2 lights. Switch that to "on" and it will light when you open the doors and fade out when you start the car. You must have it in the "off" position. It's not the like the dome light in the backseat that has on-door-off.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There should be a switch in the middle of the 2 lights. Switch that to "on" and it will light when you open the doors and fade out when you start the car. You must have it in the "off" position. It's not the like the dome light in the backseat that has on-door-off.
That "on" switch is only with models with the sunroof, so ex trim and higher

As for the mod to have them on with the dome upon opening the doors it's been done, install instructions are somewhere in the lighting thread try searching for it
I did it myself on my sport

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
I though about it... But then your would have to drop the headliner, run wiring, and even then each bulb would have reduced voltage :thumbsdow . I just bought the exLED dome panel and called it a day.... Holy crap is it bright too!

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's as simple as running a wire from the dome to the map lights. No removing the headliner. There are a few threads about it. This is assuming it's the same as the Sport.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
That "on" switch is only with models with the sunroof, so ex trim and higher

As for the mod to have them on with the dome upon opening the doors it's been done, install instructions are somewhere in the lighting thread try searching for it
I did it myself on my sport

Really? I learn something new everyday...

Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts