Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a K&N intake for my 2010 honda accord v6, i was wondering if adding a mass air flow sensor will help increase power and if it is worth the purchase? Also what are some other things will help increase power in my car?

·
Corvalis TTX
4,608 Posts
I just purchased a K&N intake for my 2010 honda accord v6, i was wondering if adding a mass air flow sensor will help increase power and if it is worth the purchase? Also what are some other things will help increase power in my car?
Why would you want to add a MAF? You already have one.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
You have the V6 already, you don't need more power. If you insist, look into the P2R underdrive pulleys (be warned, they might add squeaks and belt wear that won't happen with the stock pulleys), or RV6 exhaust products.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
1. You already have a MAF sensor. It should have been in your stock intake, and you would of had to move it into your aftermarket intake to work properly.

2. Adding sensors is only like adding more eyes to your forehead... Dont make you any smarter. (Adjusting sensors with a piggy back system maybe)

3. There are not many true power upgrades for our accords. Its not a race car. The best you can find are some creative bolt on changes that may add a HP here and a HP there.

Any good driver will tell you.... To go faster... Get better brakes! On top of that... Upgrade the suspension.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for the info, even tho accord aren't race car you still want the most power out of them. I plan on upgrading the suspension after I get new wheels

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I replaced the OEM with a JET MAF. No differences or gains noted.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,608 Posts
I replaced the OEM with a JET MAF. No differences or gains noted.
Just curious - were you expecting and performance/drivability differences at all and then were sadly disappointed or did you install the JET for other reasons?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I wasn't expecting anything remarkable - was just curious. Only a $100 trial.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here because I don't know what a JET MAF Is, but I'm guessing it just reports more data points back to the CPU, just like a wide band O2 sensor world. I would then suspect that the JET MAF would work with something like a piggy back system of a fully tunable CPU. Its about about smoothin out your HP and TQ graphs... with more data points being read, you can adjust your graphs more precisely.

or maybe Im just crazy...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts