Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me yelling at the kid (11) while he's driving his moms 08 out on a pond to meet my brother Ice fishing. That VSA thing..live and learn Thanks for having this forum, getting new tires for the old ladys car...and glad I checked out here about the wheel sensors VSA issue. Car would have been fine then the light comes on...then I get "what'd you do to the car" Whew..

I got to factor into my price estimations what the Shelburne dealer is going to want to get to retweak for new sensors so far 482 for studded delivered plus 60 for mounting on my 17" wheels..is $542

new 16 inch steel wheels w studded and sensors all mounted $828 plus dealer sensor tweak. Hate going to the dealer. Usually feels like they are applying a rather large :banana: in a rather inapropriate place. "Whheeeeee!!!"

Just switched to valvoline syn in my 04 (125K) .....What a difference in the cold engine sound. Feels happier.

·
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!
5,667 Posts
Welcome to D.A.!

You should consider looking at the forum classifieds, Craigslist, ebay, etc' for 16" OEM/stock steel-wheels from '08+ Accord LX sedans (even 16" alloys from the '08+ LX-P sedans, or other 17" OEM/stock wheels). People will more-or-less give them away at a steal-of-a-price.

With regards to wheel sensors, I assume you're speaking of the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors) & not actual wheel speed sensors used for ABS/TCS. Again, you can presumably find used sets from the aforementioned sources. At times, if you have a business relationship or history w/ a dealership service-center, they can goodwill the TPMS reprogramming if you're also getting other work done.

Generally speaking, mounting/balancing tires ranges from $20 to $25 per-corner. Obviously some dealers/shops are higher (~$30/corner) & some are less (~$15/corner). Considering these are low-profile tires or wide-lipped/low-offset wheels, you don't need any specialized equipment or expertise to swap 'em on. So, I'd shop-around & ask for a price-match.

Good sources for price comparo's are www.onlinetires.com & www.tirerack.com & www.discounttiredirect.com & then look at their local/regional recommended installers for reference regarding installation prices. Also, at times you find packaged prices (wheels/tires/sensors) shipped to your door for an attractive price.

When looking for seasonal/application-specific tires (namely something for a specific reason, short-term or temporary use), I use forum classifieds (namely the internet), Craigslist, and ebay bests I can as opposed to paying list/MSRP for something which you won't utilize year-round is almost pointless.

G'luck! :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts