Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just at Meadowvale Honda to buy some fasteners (which arn't cheap!) for my bumper and as I was leaving the dealership, I spotted something that caught my eye. 2 sedans were robbed of their wheels. Couldn't believe it. It looks like the thieves drilled through the lugs.

I called the dealership right after and they didn't even know about it. Sorry for the crap phone pics.

·
Bat-mobile
540 Posts
wow this is insane, they got straight to it! This reminds me of a truck that was left on the pavement when they stoled the rims off of it. its a crazy sight to see a truck laying flat on its brakes / rotors on the pavement

·
Registered
388 Posts
Lol! Sounds like the dealership needs better security around their lot. Btw, Aren't those LX trims? So the thieves stole steelies??:lmao:

·
Corvalis TTX
5,598 Posts
Lol! Sounds like the dealership needs better security around their lot. Btw, Aren't those LX trims? So the thieves stole steelies??:lmao:
If they stole steelies they probably wanted them for winter tires.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Out of all the wheels they robbed why the LX-s why not go for the coupe V6 which are hard to come by. That ****s but they have Insurance to cover it.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
yeah sux..a small private dealership by my girls house had 2 07 tl-s's and i think a tsx in the front and they didnt have lights on in the lot..they took the wheels in a matter of minutes

·
Registered
388 Posts
They're LX trim only if Honda started putting the moon roof on LX trims
I failz at looking:notworthy. Didn't see the weatherstrip on the roof. I thought EX trims comes with the foglight openings on the bumper...

·
Registered
851 Posts
bunch of retards like the retard that stole my samsung epic :(

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Yea, judging by the wheels they stole they didn’t steal to sell on the black market rather needed a set of winter wheels…..unreal :thumbsdow

·
Registered
188 Posts
happened a couple times to the dealer i use to work for...started installing WL on everything with rims...biggest hit we had were 3 '07 Odyssey Touring with PAX tires

·
Registered
682 Posts
happened a couple times to the dealer i use to work for...started installing WL on everything with rims...biggest hit we had were 3 '07 Odyssey Touring with PAX tires
The dealership where I got my accord said this happened to them as well...so they were pushing the wheel locks. Perhaps they were trying to make a quick buck, but I ended up buying it (figured i'd throw them a bone)

By the way, do wheel locks really prevent this sort of stuff?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The dealership where I got my accord said this happened to them as well...so they were pushing the wheel locks. Perhaps they were trying to make a quick buck, but I ended up buying it (figured i'd throw them a bone)

By the way, do wheel locks really prevent this sort of stuff?
I think these had wheel locks on them. It looked like they were drilled out. That's why the lugs were scattered all over the floor.

·
Registered
188 Posts
wont prevent it...if someone wants to steal something they'll do anything to get it..

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,735 Posts
I think these had wheel locks on them. It looked like they were drilled out. That's why the lugs were scattered all over the floor.
That makes no sense at all.

If the wheels didn't have wheel locks, then the thieves would have taken their time to put all the lugs together in one neat pile and stand them up vertically too? I've never heard of these courteous and considerate wheel thieves before. Must be a Canadian thing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts