Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My car couldn t start with no crank.
My mechanic diagnosed a faulty starter and is quoting me 282$ CAD for the starter
( new reman with 3 years warranty) plus 140$ CAD worth of labour .

i have an accord 2007 175 000 km
Does this quote seem reasonable ?

· Registered
5,931 Posts
Labor rates differ in different areas, if possible have your starter rebuilt then pay for the installation cost. My mechanic installed 3 new NAPA starters, all bench tested but when put under load on the car they wouldn't crank. No problem when I purchased a Honda starter.

· 07 Sdn
508 Posts
Oh its a reasonable quote. The intake manifold has to be moved out of the way or taken off completely in order to reach the starter bolts, its a pain in the butt. I agree with
KW2004Accord this is a job you want to do (or pay) for once, so pay for a quality starter up front.

· Registered
795 Posts
Look at the price of starters on Rock Auto with shipping to your address. If cheaper, buy it yourself and have your mechanic install it.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is not possible for due to exceptional cirrcumstances.
honda dealer quoted me 220$ for the starter and 240 for labour + tx but only offers 1 year warranty.

Oh its a reasonable quote. The intake manifold has to be moved out of the way or taken off completely in order to reach the starter bolts, its a pain in the butt. I agree with
KW2004Accord this is a job you want to do (or pay) for once, so pay for a quality starter up front.
My mecanic told me reman is a good starter thats why i went for the new one instead of the remanufactured one.he s also putting new gaskets.
i dt mind paying a good price if the quality is there. Any ideas about reman starters?

· Premium Member
3,547 Posts
that is not possible for due to exceptional cirrcumstances.
honda dealer quoted me 220$ for the starter and 240 for labour + tx but only offers 1 year warranty.
That can't be OEM, though??...
All things being equal, if you decided on the aftermarket(which I would not do, I agree w/@KW2004Accord) I'd go with the cheaper option.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My parts store reman has been going strong since 2016. Are you going to keep the car for more than 3 years anyway?
not really i plan to get a new car in 3/4 years

That can't be OEM, though??...
All things being equal, if you decided on the aftermarket(which I would not do, I agree w/@KW2004Accord) I'd go with the cheaper option.
OEM starter is mitsuba and it costs 450$
honda dealer is probabely selling a remanufactured one for 220$ especially since they only got 1 year warranty on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.