Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I could get some insight. I just recently purchased a 2014 Honda accord hybrid ex-l salvage. The vehicle was hit in the front left side (driver). The car does not start, the engine was not hit. Can anyone with knowledge on these newer hybrid models give me insight on what might need to be replaced. I know things get a bit more difficult with hybrid cars.

If you are going to comment "oh you shouldn't have bought a salvage car or you shouldn't have wasted money on blah blah blah" your comment is not necessary nor needed. Thanks to any one ahead of time willing to help me out.

· Banned
14,456 Posts
Based on the number of photos you included (none), as well as the detailed write-up of what was damaged (nothing listed), part number by part number, I would recommend taking it to an auto repair shop.

Personally, I don't care what you do with your money. Me? I would not have bought a salvage car without knowing what needs to be replaced before I bought it. Then I could decide if I am wasting my money or not.

Maybe you got the deal of the century....I don't know.

This dealer near me buys, repairs, and sells salvage vehicles. He backs them up with a warranty.
http://www.rebuiltcars.com/home.html

But he buys them only AFTER he figures out if he is wasting his money, blah blah blah.

Reactions: cookieman214

· Elvira
4,386 Posts
Based on the number of photos you included (none), as well as the detailed write-up of what was damaged (nothing listed), part number by part number, I would recommend taking it to an auto repair shop.

Personally, I don't care what you do with your money. Me? I would not have bought a salvage car without knowing what needs to be replaced before I bought it. Then I could decide if I am wasting my money or not.

Maybe you got the deal of the century....I don't know.

This dealer near me buys, repairs, and sells salvage vehicles. He backs them up with a warranty.
Used Auto Parts Sales & Repairable Salvage Cars Sales

But he buys them only AFTER he figures out if he is wasting his money, blah blah blah.
One can't upload pictures on a first post, can one? Don't remember anymore.

· Registered
88 Posts
pperez, without more details, you can't get anything useful.

How hard was it hit? What have you removed or had been removed, so far?How far into the engine compartment did damage extend? How did the battery pack respond to a test (there are specific computers that can diagnose your battery pack status and condition)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.