Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I had just got 2013 EXL with 38k. At the time of purchase I did not notice the memory setting because I am the only driver. But I was playing around and trade to set mine but it never worked, it would beep and little up but that was all and the seat would then only move a couple of inches and stop.

So this afternoon I disconnected the negative cable to the battery for about 5 mins and reconnected and got in the car and the problem was solved. Only thing I lost was MPG avg.

·
Black 2015 EX-L V6 Sedan
1,185 Posts
Thanks for sharing, I have a similar problem. I've noticed that sometimes after my girlfriends been driving, mine doesn't always move the seat to my position when I open the door. Sometimes I hear "beep beep" and I see the seat moving, but other times I have to press the button my self. No ryhme or reason to it.

Going to mention it to my dealer next time I'm down that way.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Thanks for sharing, I have a similar problem. I've noticed that sometimes after my girlfriends been driving, mine doesn't always move the seat to my position when I open the door. Sometimes I hear "beep beep" and I see the seat moving, but other times I have to press the button my self. No ryhme or reason to it.

Going to mention it to my dealer next time I'm down that way.
The seat will not move if the car had not been locked, and then unlocked by opening the door with the correct fob in pocket. I have noticed that when I open the door from a distance with the fob, the seat does not change.

·
Black 2015 EX-L V6 Sedan
1,185 Posts
The seat will not move if the car had not been locked, and then unlocked by opening the door with the correct fob in pocket. I have noticed that when I open the door from a distance with the fob, the seat does not change.
Interesting. I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

·
Dsclmr:DIY @ YourOwnRisks
1,224 Posts
Good to know, thank you. I wonder if removing the correct fuse would correct problem besides disconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You would think so, its disconnecting the power also. But taking the negative off was not a problem, I only had to reset the clock and my MPG under Trips was cleared. Everything else did not change.

·
2013 Accord Touring 3.5L
11 Posts
I had this issue when I first got my 2013 V6 Touring. If I recall correctly, there is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for this, and the dealership replaced a harness under the seat. Apparently an easy swap-out. Been working great ever since.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am not sure I have a problem with the seat memory but I just find out it doesn't set the outside mirror positions?

Our Nissan Quest from 15 years ago (RIP) had memory seats that included the outside mirror positions. So I am wondering if Honda designed it to do only the seat itself?

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
This is good info, also I noticed if you lock the car with key fob 2 but then unlock the passenger side door by using the handle with key fob 1 it will NOT fix the driver side seat with the assumption that key fob 1 is driving.

I do this daily as I unlock the passenger side door to place my case on the seat then walk around to the driver door and get in.

So the only scenario that works is locked doors unlocked on the driver side with the key fob 1 in pocket.

·
Black 2015 EX-L V6 Sedan
1,185 Posts
I am not sure I have a problem with the seat memory but I just find out it doesn't set the outside mirror positions?

Our Nissan Quest from 15 years ago (RIP) had memory seats that included the outside mirror positions. So I am wondering if Honda designed it to do only the seat itself?
Yes. They're memory seats, not memory seats and mirrors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I had just got 2013 EXL with 38k. At the time of purchase I did not notice the memory setting because I am the only driver. But I was playing around and trade to set mine but it never worked, it would beep and little up but that was all and the seat would then only move a couple of inches and stop.

So this afternoon I disconnected the negative cable to the battery for about 5 mins and reconnected and got in the car and the problem was solved. Only thing I lost was MPG avg.
I have a new 2016 Accord V6 Touring and the seat position memory and rain sensing wipers never worked. I tried this and they work perfectly now. Thank you so much! :grin

·
Registered
612 Posts
There is also a setting in the setup to turn this off so it does not move the seat when you unlock the door. I have mine turned off. I always move the seat all the way back and hated when the seat would move up when I unlock the car so, I turned it off.

Now, when I get in the car, the seat is all the way back. I then hit the memory button to move it once I am in. It makes it easier to get in and out and when your car is old, your not going to see that worn-through bolster on the drivers seat.

Anyway, check the settings if this was turned off before you disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is also a setting in the setup to turn this off so it does not move the seat when you unlock the door. I have mine turned off. I always move the seat all the way back and hated when the seat would move up when I unlock the car so, I turned it off.

Now, when I get in the car, the seat is all the way back. I then hit the memory button to move it once I am in. It makes it easier to get in and out and when your car is old, your not going to see that worn-through bolster on the drivers seat.

Anyway, check the settings if this was turned off before you disconnect the battery.
I tried it both on and off with no change. The seat would not move on it's own at all. Opening the door or trying to reset to a saved position by hitting the position 1 or 2 button did nothing.

Anyway, it appears to be working perfectly now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts