Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So earlier today I messed up my 2003 coupe front bumper

I did some research but I can't seem to find a straight answer for if the sedan front bumper would fit a coupe?
Also does anyone have any ideas as to how I could possibly fix this without buying a whole new bumper?

·
Roll Tide!
6,794 Posts
no, a sedan bumper cover won't fit.

you could attempt a repair yourself but it would probably look like ass and then you'd have to have a shop repaint it to look good. if you don't care what it looks like, go for it. it would be much quicker to find a bumper cover in the same color at your local bone yard and swap it out.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Wow, sorry about your accident. Looks like a serious break all the way through in your bumper and now seems to be two separate pieces. I'd be completely surprised if anyone could repair that to your satisfaction. Might try locating a used bumper to replace the damaged one. Just my .02 worth.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I figured it wouldn't be fixable, but it was worth a shot seeing if anyone had any ideas. And I've been looking/calling around at the local bone yards and I've find one for $140ish but it wasn't painted. How much do you think it'd be to paint it?

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
Wow, was it snow/ice related? I'm sorry this happened!

Price on painting a bumper all depends if you find an independent body guy or go to a shop. For example, when I bought my front & rear HFP kit I went to my private body guy who saved me hundreds. I walked out the door paying $300 cash which included all the paint, supplies and labor. He told me he'd normally charge $150 for the front lip, $150 for the rear, then there'd be another $150-200 in paint/supplies but because it was me, he gave me a BOGO deal on the body kit :thumbsup:

I'd say as long as the person(s) aren't trying to rip you off, a bumper is probably going to cost about $300-500 for supplies/paint/labor out the door. Hopefully you can find it cheaper, but if it's any more than that, walk away.

·
Roll Tide!
6,794 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Just a thought here. We've all seen the guy on the dealer lots doing the painting and repairs for the dealership and I know that some of them freelance. Would painting the bumper be something he could do or does it require the controlled environment of a body shop?

·
Banned
47 Posts
Also does anyone have any ideas as to how I could possibly fix this without buying a whole new bumper?
I got a crack on my ass that splits my rear bumper right down the middle and it looks just like yours. It's what duct tape was invented for! :lmao: I hate deductibles when you already pay monthly premiums to boot! Like pouring salt in the wound!

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
I was thinking something like this should fix it :thmsup:

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
The bandaid covered up the door handle.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
lol I know, I thought the exact same thing! Maybe the door is unable to be opened so that's their way of stopping people? lol :dunno:

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
Is this better? Flesh tone w/ even some added blood on the sides! lmao :yes:

·
2006 I4 MT
1,688 Posts
I saw a newer Hyundai with some sort of color matched tape on its bumper. It was a small strip the size of a large bandaid. It was on the bottom and I'm sure it was hiding a scratch. It did hide it pretty good and the average person would never notice it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ouch :\

Here's what mine looks like...

Automotive exterior Vehicle door Vehicle Bumper Car

My sister did this literally a day or two before I got the car back from her. She won't be driving it anytime soon... Good thing I want to get a new front bumper with fog slots anyway, gives me a reason to do just that :thmsup:

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
there ya go, way to stay positive! :D

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Sorry about the accident but at least it was only the bumper. Are you going to replace the bumper cover yourself?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts