Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a metal rubbing type of noise while braking....more towards the end when I'm almost at a complete stop. I checked my pads and they seem fine. Rear brakes were done a while ago for the infamous premature brake wear. They were done before the new improved pads came out, not sure if that makes a difference. Any suggestions?

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
I would take it in and get it checked out, especially if you had a brake job recently. Let them fix it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey guys, I have a metal rubbing type of noise while braking....more towards the end when I'm almost at a complete stop. I checked my pads and they seem fine. Rear brakes were done a while ago for the infamous premature brake wear. They were done before the new improved pads came out, not sure if that makes a difference. Any suggestions?
When you say you checked the pads, did you remove the wheel and look at the inner pad thickness?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I just looked at the outter ones with the wheel still on. I get what you're thinking though, the inside ones may very well be worn. Youre right.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It's usually the inner pad that wears first. For my 2009, I'm already on my third set of rear brake pads. I replaced the rears twice already.

The dealer only had the original part number pads when I went to buy the parts and also when I ordered through the internet via Handa Accessories.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sheesus how many miles are you at? Please tell me over 50k

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sheesus how many miles are you at? Please tell me over 50k
I'm at 54K right now. I get approximately 23k on each set of rear pads that were the original part numbers.

I drive a lot on business trips; mostly highway. I ordered several sets through the internet; so, I still have one spare set with the original part number and one spare set with the new revised part number. They only cost me around $43 a set, so less than the cost of a tank of gas where I live. I put up with it though and don't make a big deal out of it cause I can change the pads pretty easily.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got my car back from Honda service and they told me that my rear brakes were at 1.5mm so they needed to be changed but that the noise was due to aftermarket front pads. Anyone else have this issue with their aftermarket front pads?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts