Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,346 Posts
Any dedicated winter tire : Blizzak, X-Ice, that hard to remember how to spell brand from Norway are hands down vastly more competent on icy roads than these CrossClimates. They, the CC's, do an acceptable job but the ABS is activated when the winters never required the ABS to deploy.

My experience in upper Illinois allows me to drive before the plows get out and I'm not white-knuckling it to work.

It's also fairly flat around here so I couldn't comment on how the CC2 handle hilly conditions.

Oh yeah, IMHO
Are you thinking of Nokian brand ?

· Registered
3,346 Posts
My experience was 4 winter seasons plus a little after the winter wearbars appeared I drove them down to the regular wearbars. I can't complain as I've never had the X-ice or the Nokian tires. to compare with. Hakkapeliitta is what I can't remember how to spell.

Never slipped ever on ice, never gut stuck in snow, traction was fine for my area, but I'll take your word you believe they are crap.

Why do you hold that opinion?
One totalled 2001 Mitsubishi Galant.

· Registered
3,346 Posts
As an added bonus these are uni-directional so when it's time to "rotate" these tires lifting one side of the car at a time is all you need to do.

Front to back and back to front. Easy peasy!
Sorry, not a fan of lifting a car on side so that both wheels are off the ground. Entire front or back end at any given one time only.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts