Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you have the Michelin Energy Saver 225/50R17 tires be on the lookout for bubbles or bulges in the sidewall. If you continue to drive with the bubble, the defect could open into a crack which deflates the tire. Evidently this is a known issue with these tires. My tire has 12k miles on it and has to be replaced. The guy at Discount Tire says this is caused by hitting a pot hole or curb, but I have never seen other tires do this. Maybe the Energy Savers are more prone to this type of damage? I also found this website with numerous complaints.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Discount Tire manager says this problem is not specific to the Michelin Energy Saver tire, he sees it on all brands. It can be caused by just hitting a pot hole. I am not a tire expert so I have to take his word on this. Anyway, I purchased one tire and he also sold me a warranty on all four tires for 12.50 per tire. I was surprised that Discount Tire would warranty the three tires they did not sell, but it seemed like a good deal. If this happens again I will be covered. I would recommend everyone with these tires to keep an eye on the sidewalls for any bubbles or bulges.

Reactions: WiiMaster
1 - 3 of 3 Posts