Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, I heard an Acura TL (3.2 V6) today with these deleted and it sounded pretty good but I'm worried about how it will sound on my 3.0L v6.

Anyone have any experience?

Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have any type of inspection laws in your area that requires these to be left in place? (emissions testing) .
I have emissions but these items won't affect the outcome unless they look under the car. They never look under the car.

·
Registered
385 Posts
i deleted my resonator on my 2.4 a week ago. sounds good, not too loud either

·
Registered
385 Posts
i gained hp doing mine, and the sound doesn't get old.... more low end power infact. i can feel it:banana::biggrin:

·
Roll Tide!
6,794 Posts
Hey OP, please don't take Denver's input too seriously. He does NOT have a V6, therefore his observations are for his I4. The I4 and V6 motors and exhaust are not an apples to apples comparison so keep that in mind when you are reading responses to your question. ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,615 Posts
The sound gets VERY old. If not done right, it'll be raspy and drone.

I had a whole aftermarket cat-back system on my old 98 V6 and it droned like mad at certain rpm's. On cold rainy days, it was even louder. There were days I didn't want to drive my car. I eventually went back stock and when I did, my car got quicker or back to the way it was because I got low end torque back.

·
Registered
426 Posts
It should should very similar to that TL. It'll be pretty loud but it's your call. I'd say listen to some more clips or something before doing it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol, thanks for the help. I've been looking on youtube and honestly still can't make up my mind. Maybe I should try the regional forum and see if anyone local has done the deletes. The TL sounded great and if an Accord sounds the same I would do it in a heartbeat.

·
Honda enthusiast
178 Posts
I know I'm late to the party but just got this done and it's good stuff. Quieter than any catback but better noise than stock. Whatever rasp ppl talk about doesn't bother me a bit, sounds good. Audible exhaust tone from 2000-3500 then intake noise takes over. Reminds me of when I deleted the intake resonator, subtle but awesome.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My v6 auto have everything removed and only used the 2 OEM mufflers on the back. Its very quiet with low rpm /regular driving. But I live in an island and there's many hills, it gets loud. I'll try to get a clip tomorrow. This will get replaced soon by a borla exhaust and resonator when the car gets the 6 speed.
Edit
Found a clip when it had the borla exhaust. I don't remember if it had the 3.7 IM / TB already. It was very hard to keep at low rpm in this hills so it was very loud most of the time. That's why I went with the other setup until the 6 speed gets installed.http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=VCsPsvmN4ns

·
Registered
101 Posts
ill be cutting out the stock muffler and tossing in a Magnaflow in the next couple of days - ill post a clip

1 - 16 of 16 Posts