Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys

so i thought of buying backup sensors for my new accord 2013, mine isn't full option. so... my friend showed me his car " which is full option " when he is in the reverse mode the upper screen can actually tell you which sensor is getting near objects, it also makes a beeb sound...

my question is... when i install the backup sensors, does it appear in the upper screen? that matters to me.. really!!! the sound is okay, but with a 450 USD of the sensors with installing it might be just too much for the " beebs " .

P.S:

i don't live in the us.. Gulf Region - Saudi Arabia

·
Registered
288 Posts
Don't accords come with reverse cameras as standard features on all trims?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't accords come with reverse cameras as standard features on all trims?
it doesn't in our region...

man this is bad..

i paid like... 26k usd for my car and it doesn't even have a Bluetooth or a backup camera... hell i want to install any of em. can't... and mine is just below the full option 4 cylinder. great car and all but come on!!!

·
Honda Tech
146 Posts
Damn, I paid 20k for my Sport and I have the backup camera, and bluetooth. Im all for anything to assist in backing up a vehicle. Ive seen too many accidents.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
it doesn't in our region...

man this is bad..

i paid like... 26k usd for my car and it doesn't even have a Bluetooth or a backup camera... hell i want to install any of em. can't... and mine is just below the full option 4 cylinder. great car and all but come on!!!
o_O What region are you from?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I would invest in backup camera, it has more benefits than beeping sound

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'd be interested in the performance of the factory rear sensor kit. The key safety benefit is when you reverse out of a stall in a tight lot, you will move your eyes off the rear camera to judge distance from hitting the car on the side that you're trying to move out from. It may be only a second or two, but that's where some kid or animal could get into range.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Infiniti invented the rear cam in 1999 on the 2000 Q45. Today, the 2014 E Class offers an optional rear cam as part of a $3900 package. The $20K Accord has one standard. The rear cam is literally a life saver. Get one; and if you like rear sensors, add them too.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Infiniti invented the rear cam in 1999 on the 2000 Q45. Today, the 2014 E Class offers an optional rear cam as part of a $3900 package. The $20K Accord has one standard. The rear cam is literally a life saver. Get one; and if you like rear sensors, add them too.
Consumer Reports said the same thing about the Benz CLA250, you have to buy some expensive package for a feature that comes on $20k cars. Sad.

·
No Gears, Got CVT :)
551 Posts
I've heard backup cameras will soon be mandated in the US for all new cars.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I find I like the camera but I could have lived without it.

In the IT world we always said a mouse will make you stupid. We all came up on non GUI OS and had to remember syntax and work at a prompt.

Same with a camera you still need to watch all your mirrors. If you fixate on that camera you will someday find yourself stupid. It is an added tool but nothing takes the place of you paying attention to mirrors and looking out windows and over your shoulder.

·
Registered
199 Posts

In the IT world we always said a mouse will make you stupid. We all came up on non GUI OS and had to remember syntax and work at a prompt.

Same with a camera you still need to watch all your mirrors. If you fixate on that camera you will someday find yourself stupid. It is an added tool but nothing takes the place of you paying attention to mirrors and looking out windows and over your shoulder.
I can agree, I lived with no back up camera for 8 years of driving but once I purchased my 08 Lexus GS with a standard back up camera! I cant live with out one. So i guess if your not introduced to this technology you wont need it. Same goes for keyless and remote start haha. I learn to give that up because the Sport is the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I can agree, I lived with no back up camera for 8 years of driving but once I purchased my 08 Lexus GS with a standard back up camera! I cant live with out one. So i guess if your not introduced to this technology you wont need it. Same goes for keyless and remote start haha. I learn to give that up because the Sport is the best bang for the buck.
Ohh I love the Technology at this price point. Hell I never owned a car with Bluetooth let alone a camera. I truly love my I4 6MT Coupe. Not the most expensive or anything else, just is a very nice car with a lot of stuff at a very good price.

I am just saying all that you can do with Technology in this car makes it very easy to become stupid by not doing what you should be, and that is driving.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts

Only problem with that theory is that there are blind spots behind the car that you can not see with mirrors or looking over the shoulder. Put a kid on a tricycle behind your bumper and you will never see him. While you may not have a kid, your visitors might. This is why I have a fence around my pool.

Most of us lived most of our lives without a back up camera. We also survived without car seats, bike helmets, and AEDs in schools. Glad to see you "can't live" without the rear cam technology. Having technology never introduced does not mean you don't need it. Just ask a parent who has backed over a child, that child couldn't live without it either. I know one parent who has done this.

Ohh I love the Technology at this price point. Hell I never owned a car with Bluetooth let alone a camera. I truly love my I4 6MT Coupe. Not the most expensive or anything else, just is a very nice car with a lot of stuff at a very good price.

I am just saying all that you can do with Technology in this car makes it very easy to become stupid by not doing what you should be, and that is driving.
If safety, luxury, and convenience makes you stupid, I'll take it. I hear no calls for eliminating smart phones, LED TVs, and microwave ovens.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i have already talked to my agency, they said the camera is no go on my accord 2013! only the backup sensors and they only beebs! sucks for me i guess.

there was i think a rear view mirror that comes with a backup camera, here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-dimmin...Year:2013&hash=item2a2bd7f35a&vxp=mtr&afsrc=1

that's more possible i guess... man i have 2 screens on my accord 2013 and i can only use them to listen to my mp3 songs? they should have added a camera or a Bluetooth at least. trust me i love my accord but the fact that i paid more that us residents did... that's just a rip off.

i think i might buy me a spoiler wing and fog lights. after i buy me the rear view camera and the sensors of course... that is for me on my accord 2013.

any other suggestions?

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
i have already talked to my agency, they said the camera is no go on my accord 2013! only the backup sensors and they only beebs! sucks for me i guess.

there was i think a rear view mirror that comes with a backup camera, here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-dimmin...Year:2013&hash=item2a2bd7f35a&vxp=mtr&afsrc=1

that's more possible i guess... man i have 2 screens on my accord 2013 and i can only use them to listen to my mp3 songs? they should have added a camera or a Bluetooth at least. trust me i love my accord but the fact that i paid more that us residents did... that's just a rip off.

i think i might buy me a spoiler wing and fog lights. after i buy me the rear view camera and the sensors of course... that is for me on my accord 2013.

any other suggestions?
The mirror works great. My non Nav 2012 MDX (Nav models have the view in the screen) has it in the mirror and it is great. Smaller but crystal clear and an excellent alternative to a screen.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Only problem with that theory is that there are blind spots behind the car that you can not see with mirrors or looking over the shoulder. Put a kid on a tricycle behind your bumper and you will never see him. While you may not have a kid, your visitors might. This is why I have a fence around my pool.

Most of us lived most of our lives without a back up camera. We also survived without car seats, bike helmets, and AEDs in schools. Glad to see you "can't live" without the rear cam technology. Having technology never introduced does not mean you don't need it. Just ask a parent who has backed over a child, that child couldn't live without it either. I know one parent who has done this.

If safety, luxury, and convenience makes you stupid, I'll take it. I hear no calls for eliminating smart phones, LED TVs, and microwave ovens.
I think you took that above quote a bit out of context. I said it will make you stupid it you are playing with the Technology instead of driving.

Also how did I ever drive 41 years without running over a kid without a rear camera?

In most States it is a law you must have a fence around your pool. Otherwise some, maybe not you, but others, would not.

Again I love the car and technology but nothing in it is a must have to drive safely and not run over little kids.

Like I said I have had a license for 41 years and haven't run over any kids yet including my two children that are now 21 and 24. I mean who is watching that kid on a tricycle when you are preparing to back out of your driveway? My wife or myself were there for ours but then again we do live in different times today.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts