Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to install it on our Accord?

I hate to have to manually fold the side mirrors. :( :notworthy

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Has anyone tried to install it on our Accord?

I hate to have to manually fold the side mirrors. :( :notworthy
Ok, what is auto lock folding side mirrors? I have never had the need to fold mine on any car.

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Ok, what is auto lock folding side mirrors? I have never had the need to fold mine on any car.
Sometime is tight spots, you need to fold the mirrors in so they dont clip off. Or sometimes people like to fold the mirrors of their car when they're parked on the streets. Many cars have the ability to fold the mirrors in with the press of a button. There are also cars that will open and close the mirrors and you unlock and lock the car respectively.

It's a pretty standard feature in continents outside of North America.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Kia has to have some type of feature to get ppl to buy the trash they're trying to sell here..

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Thanks for the video. That's a neat feature. I personally would have no use for them because the only semi tight place I park would be in my garage. It would be more useful if there was a switch inside the car to retract the mirrors while you were pulling into a tight spot. In parking lots I park in the South 40. I park so far away that it make my physician happy.

·
Banned
5,775 Posts
For those who have the LED signal mirrors, this mod can be done by transplanting the internals (with motor) from the RLX mirrors.

Although it is definitely not worth $600+ to get the parts which excludes the cost of the module.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Why didn't honda add this feature.. I see kias with it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Let Kia keep the Mirrors. I will take the slick 6-Speed in my Accord and the ledgendary Honda Quality.

One of my coworkers has a Sonata Limited and the paint is peeling off of all 4 rims after 2 years. The other coworker had a Optima that is on loan from the service dept. my third coworker shut the door on his XG350 this summer and the side airbag deployed burning his arm.

Yeah, Hyundai. No thanks.

Jay

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thanks for the video. That's a neat feature. I personally would have no use for them because the only semi tight place I park would be in my garage. It would be more useful if there was a switch inside the car to retract the mirrors while you were pulling into a tight spot. In parking lots I park in the South 40. I park so far away that it make my physician happy.
For the Acuras that do have this, there is a switch inside the car to do so.

Same with the numerous Toyotas that have this (not the Camry, but the Venza, Tundra, and a few others), numberous Kias and Hyundais (including, obviously, the Genesis, but also the much cheaper Kia Rio), and other assorted makes. To me, it's high on the, "nice to have," list, but I'd rather have some form of dimming exterior mirrors, first. There are too many cars running around on the highway with their high-beams stuck on, here. I do park in an area where space is at a premium, however, I can normally squeeze through with just folding in my driver's side mirror from inside the car (it's not so wonderful when it's raining or snowing, though).

Most of these features have spoiled me from my other cars, past and present. I like the way Honda does things, otherwise I would of never come back, but I do wish they would offer at least some of these features on anything short of a $60k Acura (I'm not being obtuse, here. In the US and Canada, dimming+power folding is only available on Acura cars optioned past $60k, while neither are unavailable on any US-market Honda).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts