Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. 2013 V6 Accord. Misfire code p0301. Moved coils around, didn’t notice difference but changed coil 1 anyway. Changed all plugs. After 30 miles or so, car will sputter when trying to accelerate and rough idle. Will usually reset if I turn off ignition for a few minutes. Mechanic said he had computer relearn firing sequence and it wasn’t shutting down as before but still random misfires. So hechanged plugs again. After about 30 miles, same thing when trying to gun it. NKG plugs new and 2 new coil packs. wiring looks fine. I bought a new injector for cylinder 1 but he wasn’t convinced that was the issue.
what’s next?

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,228 Posts
How many miles? When was the last time you did a valve adjustment?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
17,228 Posts
Might be your next step.

·
17,228 Posts
Ok but the way it resets and runs great for a while has me thinking electronic issue???
True.

What I will tell you is, on my 07 sedan, after replacing all the sensors in question that caused my misfire, it ran fine for a while. Then, the misfire kept coming back.

Maybe check to make sure that the electrical connections to your sensors are in good condition. Check to make sure you dont have a mouse nest somewhere. Those rodents chewing through wires can create a world of havoc.

Just a thought. I may very well be off base here.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Are there any other codes? Pending codes? Has the timing belt been replaced recently? Does the engine burn oil?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts