Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

Here is what they did to my car when I took it in. It still feels like it’s misfiring at cold starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Reverse
144 Posts
At 57,000 miles mine did this one day. 2018 2.0 Touring. I've always used top-tier gas from one of the companies on the list.
I was going up a steeper than average hill and it was raining. Started to pass someone. Had to pull over to the right side. Restarted and all is back to normal as far as I can tell.

I'm not seeing anything that's talking about the rain and what it has to do with this. Would someone direct me to that info? Nevermind, I think I found it. :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Hmm, the only error code was a P0301 which is cylinder 1, BUT they replaced all 4 injectors?? That makes you suspect the issues are with the injectors.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
Anyone in this thread run fuel injector cleaner through their cars periodically? I've always run a bottle through every oil change figuring it can't hurt. (Redline SI-1 and trying out Gumout All-in-One)

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,925 Posts
Anyone in this thread run fuel injector cleaner through their cars periodically? I've always run a bottle through every oil change figuring it can't hurt. (Redline SI-1 and trying out Gumout All-in-One)
Modern Top-Tier gasoline has sufficient additives to make injector cleaner unnecessary.

Reactions: mtts60

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
Modern Top-Tier gasoline has sufficient additives to make injector cleaner unnecessary.
Except this thread is kinda pointing to it maybe not being the case for this engine under all conditions. Several people have said they're running top tier.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,925 Posts
I’m thinking these issues here are software related, not fuel related.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I always use Top-gear oil and yet it happened. I am going to the service center and find out what I can do about it. I have never had this issue before, especially on a new car.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,925 Posts
@Jack50042 Top-Tier Gasoline. I don't know what "Top-gear oil" is. Does Jeremy Clarkson pitch it?

·
Reverse
144 Posts
I had a thought about this issue as a software glitch.

When it happened to me, I was driving uphill around 70+ mph and it was raining. I floored it to pass someone which involved changing lanes without signalling (not the best behavior but no one was behind me to see); and from the car's perspective suddenly approaching the car I was passing that was still in the collision avoidance system's radar view.

Perhaps the rain was confusing the camera at the top of the windshield combined with the sudden lane changing data it was seeing and then the car detecting an approaching vehicle to the front corner.

This might be what it does if it thinks you are about to crash. Just a possible theory. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
2018 Honda Accord EXL 1.5T with 43,000 miles. Similar issue happened to me the last 2 weeks of December 2020. Car was sitting in the garage and went to start it in the morning. Only to get check engine light with every warning popping up saying take car to dealer. Dealer checks the codes and says it is a cold engine start misfire! They proceed to replace the spark plugs, wires and keep the car over night. Same issue next day and the dealer tells me they need to call Honda to figure out how to fix the issue. Honda tells them to replace the fuel injectors. They order the parts and replace the fuel injectors problem solved.

Now when I drive the car I am noticing a decrease in fuel economy. Previously driving my daily highway commute to work I would get 34-35mpg now driving my same commute to work I only get 29-30mpg. Luckily my repair was covered under warranty. But one of the things I liked so much about the car was the fuel economy. Also I noticed that the fuel injectors are not covered under the power train warranty.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts