Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Hey Guys!

The day has finally come, and dyno results are in! As always, make sure that you head over to the Engineering Blog for the full story

You might notice a bit of a change from what we last showed you, but this is why we make sure to thoroughly test our products before putting them to market. To ensure the airflow of this intake kit was up to our standards, we revised our box design with this window in the front to allow for more fresh air to enter the system. The results definitely speak for themselves

We put our loaner Accord up on the Dynapacks to get the full scope of our design, but you'll have to read about it over on our Engineering Blog

BUT WAIT! There's More!

Our intake kit is now on presale, so you can get in on special discounted pricing TODAY!

2018+ Honda Accord 2.0T Performance Air Intake

As always, Let me know if you have any questions!

-Nick

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Hey Guys!

The day has finally come, and dyno results are in! As always, make sure that you head over to the Engineering Blog for the full story

You might notice a bit of a change from what we last showed you, but this is why we make sure to thoroughly test our products before putting them to market. To ensure the airflow of this intake kit was up to our standards, we revised our box design with this window in the front to allow for more fresh air to enter the system. The results definitely speak for themselves

We put our loaner Accord up on the Dynapacks to get the full scope of our design, but you'll have to read about it over on our Engineering Blog

BUT WAIT! There's More!

Our intake kit is now on presale, so you can get in on special discounted pricing TODAY!

-Nick

·
18 Accord EX-L 2.0T 10AT
12 Posts
Hey Guys!

BUT WAIT! There's More!

-Nick
Hey so I ordered the catch can and have been very happy with it and the brand. I’ve been back and forth with an intake considering it’s feeding to a pretty small turbo. I see the dyno and average increase is marginal and I’m completely cool with that as I’m not looking to tune my dad mobile.

Two questions, most other intakes aren’t CARB legal so I have to ask if this is legal in CA and second when are we going to get a video of this in action. Can’t pull the trigger on this yet if I don’t see reviews or videos or know if it’s going to be a pain in the butt fix it ticket. Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Hey so I ordered the catch can and have been very happy with it and the brand. I’ve been back and forth with an intake considering it’s feeding to a pretty small turbo. I see the dyno and average increase is marginal and I’m completely cool with that as I’m not looking to tune my dad mobile.

Two questions, most other intakes aren’t CARB legal so I have to ask if this is legal in CA and second when are we going to get a video of this in action. Can’t pull the trigger on this yet if I don’t see reviews or videos or know if it’s going to be a pain in the butt fix it ticket. Thanks!
Great questions! We are not CARB legal just yet. That does take some time but we strive to have our intake kits certified ASAP so I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on that!

As for a video, we do have a bit or a teaser up on our production sample blog post, but I think the video team is in the process of whipping up something fresh as well!

-Nick

·
Registered
24 Posts
How does the turbo/blow off sound now? I could care less about the power gains. Just want to hear the psst sound lol
I can speak from experience it makes a nice psst sound. That’s my car in the post and I love the sound it makes. Especially since the design change with the cut out in the front. Even without pushing the turbo hard it makes the sound

·
Registered
68 Posts
I can speak from experience it makes a nice psst sound. That’s my car in the post and I love the sound it makes. Especially since the design change with the cut out in the front. Even without pushing the turbo hard it makes the sound
I just installed mine and not getting any difference in sound. Everything seems to be installed correctly minus the plastic clips i broke. Does it require a break in period? The are currently no CEL on.

Also word of advice: Be sure to remove the bolts completely from the bottom intake housing as the are extremely flimsy and easy to snap. ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I just installed mine and not getting any difference in sound. Everything seems to be installed correctly minus the plastic clips i broke. Does it require a break in period? The are currently no CEL on.

Also word of advice: Be sure to remove the bolts completely from the bottom intake housing as the are extremely flimsy and easy to snap. ?
Nope no break in period required either. The Accord does have an extra resonator in the intake that we're also contenting with, along with more sound deadening in your cabin, but from the outside we saw a noticeable sound increase

Also, we've officially launched this intake kit! Those of you on the presale should be receiving your shipping notifications very soon if you haven't already. Thanks for following along with the development, and we're all looking forward to seeing these installed!

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Hey Guys,

Bumping this thread up since we'd LOVE to see and hear what you guys think on the intakes! Post up your installed photos here!

And to sweeten the deal, the 7th installed post will get a Mishimoto swag bag shipped to their door!

-Nick

·
Registered
192 Posts
Looks great! Wondering if you could share a video with some short pulls of the intake and how it sounds. Also, do you have any IAT data to share? I'm torn on jumping on this or waiting for another company to finish thiers.
Thank you for the compliment! :)

To my ears the engine sounds best from inside the car and in 3rd and 4th gears accelerating from 3,000 rpm to 5,000 rpm. Describing anything beyond those conditions seems to get the attention of the forum mods as they apply forum rules. I don't have a recording of the sound, but to my ears the engine sounds better than it did with the stock intake. At wot (wide open throttle) and "seat of the pants" experience transmits the indication that the engine pulls harder - Mishimoto dyno testing measures more hp and more torque and they have the data at their website.

"IAT" means intake air temperature, right? I do not have anything to share in that regard, and I am thinking it might not be a good idea to try to get too much from the small turbo in our car(s). But, I do have a funny story...I buy my gas and get my car serviced by a family that is well known at the drag strips across the US and the youngest member of the family asked me if I figured out where to put the ice? (y)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thank you for the compliment! :)

To my ears the engine sounds best from inside the car and in 3rd and 4th gears accelerating from 3,000 rpm to 5,000 rpm. Describing anything beyond those conditions seems to get the attention of the forum mods as they apply forum rules. I don't have a recording of the sound, but to my ears the engine sounds better than it did with the stock intake. At wot (wide open throttle) and "seat of the pants" experience transmits the indication that the engine pulls harder - Mishimoto dyno testing measures more hp and more torque and they have the data at their website.

"IAT" means intake air temperature, right? I do not have anything to share in that regard, and I am thinking it might not be a good idea to try to get too much from the small turbo in our car(s). But, I do have a funny story...I buy my gas and get my car serviced by a family that is well known at the drag strips across the US and the youngest member of the family asked me if I figured out where to put the ice? (y)
Thanks for the response. Tbh, I'm pretty happy with the performance of being on a stage 2 tune so I'm really looking for an intake that can deliver some audible fun factor to the drive without comprising performance with an open element filter ie KN or similar. I'm torn between this and another under development.

Yes, IAT is the intake temps. I wonder how much difference that hole makes in sucking in hot engine air. I know they say it's not much, but that's subjective.

Lol I know some guys way back used to pack ice on the intake manifolds or better use "cryo spray" on the intercooler. Now you got me thinking how these cars would do with meth injection :coffee:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks for the response. Tbh, I'm pretty happy with the performance of being on a stage 2 tune so I'm really looking for an intake that can deliver some audible fun factor to the drive without comprising performance with an open element filter ie KN or similar. I'm torn between this and another under development.

Yes, IAT is the intake temps. I wonder how much difference that hole makes in sucking in hot engine air. I know they say it's not much, but that's subjective.

Lol I know some guys way back used to pack ice on the intake manifolds or better use "cryo spray" on the intercooler. Now you got me thinking how these cars would do with meth injection :coffee:
I look at the plastic engine cover and wonder how much heat stays trapped under it, and if the engine would dissipate heat better without the cover. Looks better with it, of course, but it does kind of remind me of the hot rod rule for chrome: If your car won't go, chrome it!

The hole in the front of the air box is probably - temperature wise - the coolest (temperature) spot in that part of the engine compartment. That's my guess, at least. So, in my opinion, the hole probably helps gets more relatively cool air into the intake.

I looked at a couple of other air intake replacements, but was not impressed. They were discussed in video format (YouTube) by the car owners and all they were interested in was how the intake made their engine sound. (I have the Mishimoto catch can and trust their quality, methods and their sales claims.) Mishimoto claims an additional 15.6 WHP and 12.9 pounds feet of torque - horsepower is expensive so, in my opinion, their product is a bargain, and I know I can trust their quality.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So it's been sometime since they released this product and many of our members seem to have purchased them. Any reviews or after thoughts anyone wanna share with us?

·
Registered
43 Posts
So far had it about a week. Look and style wise, I think it's fantastic. Not sure if it's just in my head, but ever since feel like my car lags little more upon accelation. Not sure. I mainly got it for the sound, but to be honest with you, cant really get that loud woosh I see others gets with different ones on YouTube. Driving my normal habit mostly so highway, mpg dropped about 4 mpg. Didn't really get this for performance as I'm installing hondata this week.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts