Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Thanks, guys. Now I just ordered a catch can. I found a $35 option on Amazon, with the logic that something is better than nothing. Lets see if this 1.5T avoids the later life power loss I experiences in my 2014 2.4 after about 120k

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Thanks, guys. Now I just ordered a catch can. I found a $35 option on Amazon, with the logic that something is better than nothing. Lets see if this 1.5T avoids the later life power loss I experiences in my 2014 2.4 after about 120k
You'll burn in heck for that if some people around here find out you're adding a 'can.

Does it have a check valve to prevent reverse flow when the manifold pressure is above ambient due to turbo boost?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
My initial catch can findings.....
First check after 990 miles and it is pretty much bone dry. This is on a 2019 1.5 CVT. I know driving style and climate play a huge role, I live in Florida and drive very easy, seldom enter boost. I actually double checked to make sure this kit is installed properly as I was expecting to find some fluid. Will check back after 3000 miles.
Wow. And after 750 km mine is ¾ full of volatile gunk and a layer of schmooo. Cold weather here. Definitely on boost some of the time.

You could take off the hose ("out" from can) that has the check valve in it and blow in each end to see if there is correct flow away from the can.

IMO: Do check for schmoo at least every 1000 miles until you're certain this is the long term behaviour.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts