Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to install a new intake on my 2018 Accord Touring 2.0. From looking through the threads, looks like the Mishimoto or PRL Stage 2 are the best options that are supported by a lifetime warranty. I know the PRL is not available yet, but anyone care to offer any insight on Mishimoto vs PRL? I’m a newbie to to this; not looking to run on a track or anything, would just like the increase in performance and a little more turbo sound. Not sure I want to deal with an oiled air filter, which would then bring the Takeda into the mix, but it’s only got a 2 year warranty. Any insights appreciated.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I would never consider myself an authority on performance modifications, but from experience I would stay away from anything not sealed. I had a Takeda SRI on my 14 V6 coupe and WOW did it sound great, I experienced heat soak first hand. I will say this, I’ve read many articles and posts regarding changing the factory intake and most point to the only benefit being an increase in sound. Many have said that the factory intake does much better at filtration and produces MORE than enough air. I have been itching to install an intake myself, but I remember how much 100 degrees in Texas effected my car’s performance and shy away. Not really the question you asked, but being your first venture, I figured I would share my experience. Don’t get me wrong, the sound made me smile daily! But, when it’s 100 degrees out and you want to go from a dig, you can really feel the initial lag in performance. Mind you, it diminishes quickly once you get going- but I felt it.
That being said, and back to your question, the Takeda Momentum intake w/dry filter would be my choice. My last Takeda was a quality product.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Much appreciated White20146AT, those comments are very helpful. I gather none of the issues you mentioned would apply to the Momentum intake since it is sealed? No concerns about the 2 year warranty compared to lifetime on the others?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I wouldn’t suspect you experience hear soak since your drawing cool air from the front of the vehicle and not the engine bay. As for the warranty, I don’t think it’s an issue. We are talking about very simple ridged components.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn’t suspect you experience hear soak since your drawing cool air from the front of the vehicle and not the engine bay. As for the warranty, I don’t think it’s an issue. We are talking about very simple ridged components.
Thanks again.

I have the mishimoto intake in 19 Honda Accord and honestly I love it it’s close and sound great
Thanks. To White201416AT’s point, my understanding is the Mishimoto intake is not closed; the filter box has an additional opening besides using the stock ram air intake from the front of the vehicle.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a injen SRI.I cut open the grills in front of the intake snorkel an removed horn no problem with heatsoak as fresh air now has a easier path to get in.I still plan on going PRL HVI though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts