Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased a 2010 accord coupe and the previous owner said he had a Viper security system installed and that the people who did the installation had to hide a key inside the car. He had the system removed and says he has no idea where they hid it the extra key. I looked under the steering wheel and under the passenger side dash. Also took the center console out and the radio out and the key is nowhere to be found. Where else can I look that they would have probably hid it at ?

· Registered
775 Posts
Under the dash around the glove box location?

- Jack

· Elvira
4,389 Posts
As a caveat, IF anyone answering the post and you know the typical places the key is usually hidden, PM the OP so that it doesn't get broadcast all over the place please.

In deference to the OP we don't even know if this is someone just phishing for ideas of where to look for those hiding places (Viper Security) for a more nefarious reason.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin" !!

· Super Moderator
4,517 Posts
Usually they are attached very close to the ignition switch. Actually wrapped around it. The range is not that far so if a key was left in the car it would be there. Any reputable shop in 2010 should have used a bypass module rather than sacrifice a key.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.