Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anyone else has experienced what we are experiencing with our brand new Honda Accord.

At idle and in drive gear the car has moderate vibrations that can be felt in the steering wheel, seat, etc. In fact I can feel vibrations in the small of my back. It feels like I am getting a high vibration massage on my kidneys.

I took the car into the dealership and they had 3 tech plus my service advisor go through everything over 3 days. The finding is that they felt what I felt, but found it on all new Accord's on the lot and only with AC on. They suggested calling Honda Corporate, which I did. A case has been opened.

Appears that another Honda model has a vibration problem (CRV). Honda is aware of it and investigating the CRV issue. But until there are enough complaints, Honda won't be looking into the my complaint for the Accord.

My issue is this - if I spend $30K on a fully loaded car, I expect it to be smooth as butter. In fact my 2006 Pilot is more smooth that the new car.

Question - anyone else noticed any moderate vibrations on their 2015 Accords?

Thanks

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm assuming this is a V6, if it is then yes something is very wrong. It should not be having vibration like you're describing even with the AC on.

If its a CVT, this is normal. They tend to vibrate at idle/drive, dislike hard throttling (you need to feather the trottle on the CVT), and especially dislike cold weather or uphill/downhill starts from shifting out of park (to the point where it feels like your transmission is broken).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a same problem on my Honda Accord 2015 EX. When the car in drive gear at idle I can feel the vibration on steering wheel and on the seat. I took my car to Honda dealer and the technician told me that American Honda is aware of that and they are working on it. When they find a solution, they will let me know.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
There have been vibration at idle threads on this forum. I have a 2015 CRV that does it too. Seems like the idle is too low. The tolerance of owners with this issue ranges from not noticing a vibration to wanting car replacement. Honda has acknowledged that this issue exists with the CRV.

If you have a V6 it should be silky smooth.

I presume that Honda will see that you are "in spec" meaning no codes thrown so you are limited in what you do until Honda comes up with a fix.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The 2015 Accords (especially Sport trims for some reason) have had this issue surfaced quite often but it's definitely not always or majority of the time. Sometimes, its just specific to individual cases, weather rather than the car in of itself. As said, Honda is looking into this (let's see 2016 trims, how well do they do but may just be the same as 2015s).

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
If it's the I4 it will get better with break-in... all I4s have a vibration in automatic.

·
Registered
932 Posts
OP please update your sig with the model Accord you have.
It's difficult for members to guess what model you have based on price paid. $30k could be 4-cyl. EX-L w/Nav. Yes the 4-cyl CVT model does vibrate occasionally in gear while idling. Large displacement 4-cyl engine, combined with torque converter engaged and with accessory load on top of that is the recipe for this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts