Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me say first of all that I love my 2014 Sport - it's a superb car, but I'm not getting all these upgrades that I see plastered all over the board.

Ok - confused old man achievement unlocked.

Yes your 20 inch yellow rims, blue fade LED under-sill lights and Formula 1 carbon fiber deck lid spoiler certainly make a powerful statement. But surely the Accord is the epitome of suburban sedans, primarily designed to turn and burn on the school run not the Friday night valet line at your local jizzfest nightclub.

It's certainly interesting to read so many modification recommendations by 25 year olds with names like Emilio or Spider - it just wasn't what I was expecting. I thought I'd see heated arguments about the best type of wax to use on the ritual Sunday morning polish, or who can fit the most members of the PeeWee baseball team in the trunk - that sort of thing.

Subaru BRZ, Scion TC absolutely, but a new Accord? I mean I really do love mine, but (whispering softly) - they are a bit boring.

Is it just me?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Let me say first of all that I love my 2014 Sport - it's a superb car, but I'm not getting all these upgrades that I see plastered all over the board.

Yes your 20 inch yellow rims, blue fade LED under-sill lights and Formula 1 carbon fiber deck lid spoiler certainly make a powerful statement. But surely the Accord is the epitome of suburban sedans, primarily designed to turn and burn on the school run not the Friday night valet line at your local jizzfest nightclub.

It's certainly interesting to read so many modification recommendations by 25 year olds with names like Emilio or Spider - it just wasn't what I was expecting. I thought I'd see heated arguments about the best type of wax to use on the ritual Sunday morning polish, or who can fit the most members of the PeeWee baseball team in the trunk - that sort of thing.

Subaru BRZ, Scion TC absolutely, but a new Accord? I mean I really do love mine, but (whispering softly) - they are a bit boring.

Is it just me?

If you wish to see debates or arguments about the best type of wax to use, you go to the purpose built forum for that. Not a specific car forum.
Might I recommend http://www.autogeekonline.net/ forum section for this.

With a username like "newton" as opposed to "Emilio" or "spider"; one would think you would know where to find this info. LOL

·
Banned
72 Posts

Is it just me?
:lmao: say no more, I thought the Accord going "upstream"(definition: options that used to be for luxury cars now on an Accord which used to be sporty) and giving everyone options they didn't ask for would help leave well enough alone but to change the Accord so it looks like well nothing identifiable leaves you with something only a small minority can identity with. A small minority only will appreciate these mods like the above mentioned. Why even buy a brand new car is you are going to butcher it, one can do that with a used car and get the same if not more effective overall effect.

·
13 Accord Coupe V6 Ex-L
194 Posts
In before the flame war

·
Wanda Honda
458 Posts

Is it just me?
Just you! :yes:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Some people just like to do certain things. Do you not modify anything you buy? Some may say your stock suspension on 18" wheels looks like a 4X4. Some may say all the chrome looks tacky - "different strokes for different folks"

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts

Is it just me?
Um...what?

:dunno:

Jay

·
Registered
125 Posts
Was it Road and track magazine that commented the Camry was for grandparents, and the Accord was for "fiesty" grandparents?:naughty:

·
Registered
245 Posts
There sure are a lot of thin skinned folks around here just chomping at the bit to post their outrage at the most miniscule perceived slight. I read the OP's post as tongue-in-cheak, others see it as a metaphorical slap across the face with a white glove. Is life these days so grinding and oppressive that there's no room left for humor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.