Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my accord about 2 weeks ago, its a 5 speed manual and I love it. I have a short list of mods I want to get and I want you're opinions.

I want a spoiler, probably an OEM spoiler, one likethis.
I'm probably going to go to a junkyard soon to see if I can pull one off a car, it's what my friend did for his elantra and this would be way cheaper.

Next i'm going for blue headlights like these.

The last two mods are a CAI and headers.

CAI

Headers

I'll get pics of my car tomorrow since there is no light left right now.
I'm looking for any recommendations concerning these parts or others of the same type. Thanks :)

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Get an OEM wing spoiler. The aftermarket ones are cheap. If you find one at the junk yard, make sure you have all the hardware, wiring harness for the LED brake light (it connects to the harness on the rear deck lid, and you also need the tension bars that hold the trunk lid up. You need a special tool or large pliers to remove them. Blue headlights are illegal so you will probably get pulled over many times. You should be aware of the risk with a CAI. Another member here went through a large puddle of water and the water went right into his CAI and flooded out his engine. If the CAI was not installed, he never would have blown the engine. He is very lucky his insurance company is replacing the engine with a used engine of equal mileage, as most would deny the claim because of the third-party modification.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I'm forgetting about the blue headlights, but I'll keep everything else on my list. Are there any other cheap performance modifications that I can make? I know there's this thing I can do where I can get something cut out of the exhaust or something, what is that exactly?

·
2008 Honda Accord V6 EX-L
912 Posts
TL sway bar, Fog lights, TSX IM....

·
Chillin
237 Posts
Get an OEM wing spoiler. The aftermarket ones are cheap. If you find one at the junk yard, make sure you have all the hardware, wiring harness for the LED brake light (it connects to the harness on the rear deck lid, and you also need the tension bars that hold the trunk lid up. You need a special tool or large pliers to remove them. Blue headlights are illegal so you will probably get pulled over many times. You should be aware of the risk with a CAI. Another member here went through a large puddle of water and the water went right into his CAI and flooded out his engine. If the CAI was not installed, he never would have blown the engine. He is very lucky his insurance company is replacing the engine with a used engine of equal mileage, as most would deny the claim because of the third-party modification.
Hehe that member would be me :( :bawling: Finally got the engine here except they sent an auto engine when mine is a 6mt so freaking fail 4 weeks without a car, btw it happend 2days after i bought the car so yes do be careful when you put in ur CAI, if I were you I would go with a short ram.

·
2008 Honda Accord V6 EX-L
912 Posts
damn how big was the puddle u drove through? I have been through some crazy stuff here....Drove for over an hour and can barely see car n front of me lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
FYI even a high end header will make little difference in power without other modifications. Headers simply move the power higher in the rpms.
Your peak power will be a couple of horsepower higher but you will lose low rpm power in the same amount or more than the power you gained up top.

I recently drove the accord through water that was up to the bottom of the doors for hours. I have a stock intake and I was fine, had I had a short ram or even worse a CAI I would have been screwed.

If you are doing these mods for just sound thats fine, just get the AEM bypass valve on the CAI to prevent water intake.

Also skip the header and just cut out the mid muffler and put a higher flow rate muffler on the back like a flowmaster or something.

With just the intake and exhaust you stand to gain a couple of hp without losing much down low. cat-back exhausts are a waste they look great but sound the same as a modified stock one and produce no more power.

just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. I'm ordering the spoiler today, and maybe in a few weeks the CAI, i'll get a bypass valve with it to prevent water intake. Where can I find a front/rear lip?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got my spoiler, is there a DIY to install it? And how should I paint it? Should I do it myself or bring it to a shop? I don't feel like spending money if I don't have to.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
I just got my spoiler, is there a DIY to install it? And how should I paint it? Should I do it myself or bring it to a shop? I don't feel like spending money if I don't have to.
Since you got an aftermarket spoiler, there isn't a DIY. You can go to collegehillshonda.com and they have instructions posted for the OEM spoiler (look it up as an accessory for your model year and body style). You can compare it with your aftermarket version. If you want it painted correctly, have a shop do it. Then it will also be clear coated and should last. With the extra money you will have to spend on painting it, it would have been easier to get an OEM one. Then you will have a perfect fit and they are pre-painted at the factory to last and match your vehicle exactly.

But good luck. Post pics when you have it installed and painted.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are there any printout templates? I don't think my spoiler came with them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So the spoiler's painted and I'm installing it tomorrow. I want to figure out the brake light wiring first. From other threads, I saw that their spoiler's wiring harness had a connector like shown in picture 2 and 3. In picture 1 and 3, it shows what my brake light wiring is like. How should I hook up the wiring?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My car :)

The last 3 were taken on my phone's crappy camera, so that's why the quality is so bad. I think the spoiler looks really good.

I'm planning on getting an exhaust tip to make the tail pipe look much cleaner, and I'll get 8000k HIDs down the road too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts