Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got mold growing in my trunk car. I just realized that I used scent spray on it few days ago. Does anyone give me a tip to remove them? I'm worried about that they will spread everywhere in the trunk.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
nguyen: Only bleach will kill mold. You must either buy a spray bottle of diluted bleach and water (the stuff sold to wipe down kitchen counters) or go to your laundry room and mix 1 part bleach with 6 parts water.

You should not use straight 100% bleach as it will remove the color from your carpet. Spray this solution three times a day for 5 days- that will kill the mold.

Now, WHY are you getting mold in your trunk?

I've seen mold in Hanoi, Vietnam (at the Nguyen Hotel!)....they only use bleach to kill it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My last vehicle had water displaced in the trunk from a plugged moonroof drain...I know, it's strange but thats what they discovered. After one of the tropical storm downpours here I didn't even notice for a few months that it leaked that much. I took it to a local full service car wash and had them clean the mold out before the vehicle was traded. I guess they used their wet/dry vac and scrubbed it, looked new.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You need to figure how moisture / water is getting in there, and stop it. then you need something to absorb the moisture, then the clorox / bleach after it is dried out. my 2 cents.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Well OP, what happened? What did you find out? Or is it....classified?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Predator alert! The real question is why is he using scented sprays in the trunk to begin with :naughty:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
It's pathetic that some members post to get advice and then dissapear, not sharing their fix.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Predator alert! The real question is why is he using scented sprays in the trunk to begin with :naughty:
Ha ha ha!

Perhaps the Original Poster was eaten by the mold in his trunk? RIP, original poster.....

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Another thing that kills mold is the sun. If you live in a house (or otherwise in a safe neighborhood), you could leave your trunk open and facing the sun for an hour or two.

·
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )
951 Posts
Ha ha ha!

Perhaps the Original Poster was eaten by the mold in his trunk? RIP, original poster.....
:lol
my dad loves my car and says it looks gangster or mafia like (black w/ tinted windows)
and the trunk space is large....maybe enough for a body???
maybe its not mold

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.