Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello DA, So I titled this after a folder on my myspace page with pics and progress of my ride. I fig you guys here would enjoy a bit more than them plus I don't get on there that much these days. N-E-way My sig has the quick easy version of ev thing thats done, in work, and up and comming. The plan is to basically black out my ride. Still on the fence about tinting tails. There are a few other things that are done not in my sig, but plan to put pics of everything from start to finish. Pretty open minded so feel free to comment with poss or neg feedback, just make sure you stay inside the rules of DA for your own good lol. Hope you enjoy :D

·
Overdrive
618 Posts
I like it! It looks pretty stock on the outside, but what people can't see makes a difference. It may look stock, but it's faster than stock.

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it! It looks pretty stock on the outside, but what people can't see makes a difference. It may look stock, but it's faster than stock.
Thanks, I had thought about not getting the lip kit and getting a turbo or supercharger instead just for that reason (a sleeper)... but Way too much up keep. Plus my street race days are over. Now just for my own enjoy ment... and getting in front of slow drivers A.S.A.P.!! lol

·
Registered
240 Posts
How you like the DC Sport headers?

-Jordan

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
How you like the DC Sport headers?

-Jordan
+1

i also have the k24 accord and have thought about getting the dc headers but was unsure what were people's reviews about them. i heard it might help my k24a8 quite a bit because i have the SULEV rating which has a pretty restrictive stock header. and how's the sound after the install? how hard was it to install?

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+1

i also have the k24 accord and have thought about getting the dc headers but was unsure what were people's reviews about them. i heard it might help my k24a8 quite a bit because i have the SULEV rating which has a pretty restrictive stock header. and how's the sound after the install? how hard was it to install?
:-( VERY sad to say it's not installed yet. Reason is the bolts on the cat are so rusted over I couldn't get them off and was afraid I might break em. Wanna keep stock cat. #1 sound dampering, #2 more money for test pipe lol. But I plan to get the Tanabe exhaust in Sept, and have talked to honda about replacing all the bolts on my cat. Once I get that done I'll inst both heads and exhaust. As far as swaping out, IMO no more difficult than swaping rear SB, if you've done one of those. Back when I had my Integra I swaped them. Only real difference is the eng is reversed. It did change the sound quite a bit :-/ but I also had removed cat and opened the pipes to 2.5" with a 3" muffler. It sounded nice, but trying to keep the Accord as quiet as possible, while still adding as much power as possible, lol while keeping it NA.

LMAO, long stoy short, CAI, Headers, and Cat-back exhaust (even with one of the quietest on the market) It's gonna be pretty loud, but hope more aggressive than annoying.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Got it.
I was thinking of the DC Sport Headers or Megan Racing Headers.
Just want your review once it is installed. :)

-Jordan

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it.
I was thinking of the DC Sport Headers or Megan Racing Headers.
Just want your review once it is installed. :)

-Jordan
No prob, I should be going to Honda for the bolt swap mid Aug (if all goes as planed) then I'll swap em out pretty quick and post more pics and feed back. :thmsup: Would have done it already, but had to leave the states for a bit.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Makes sense.
I can't wait. Your car is gonna be good.

-Jordan

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes let us know how the header treats ya.
Car's looking good, only thing is I think you should ditch the eBay lights and invest in a retro.
LOL I plan to. Wellll, I like the fact they are totally balcked out already, so thinking I'm gonna swap the halos in em for the CCFL's and swap the projectors out also but not sure to which ones yet. If I don't use that headlight housing, gonna use the ones that are on now VVVV

but then gotta paint em and what not... but yes in time I'll have retro headlights and TSX side mirrors :naughty: One step at a time...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I like your halos and blue ambience in the car.. Monster accord in the making!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I always see those ebay head lights but ive never seen an output shot from them. You wouldnt happen to have one would you?

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I always see those ebay head lights but ive never seen an output shot from them. You wouldnt happen to have one would you?
Sorry, just looked through my pics. None that would show what your looking for on those headlights.
I like your halos and blue ambience in the car.. Monster accord in the making!!!
Thanx

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:banana: Woot woot :banana: Just placed the order for the Tanabe medalion touring exhaust. Once it's here I'll have the bolts on the cat refurbed then install DC headers and exhaust.:banana:

Socal23, 07AccordEx-L, and paperboy42190 Since you guys were asking about the headers, you want me to just install them b4 throwing on the exhaust and give ya feed back or does it matter to ya? Keep in mind though, I do have Ingen CAI installed too LMBO and not going through the hassle of putting factory intake back on.

·
Kyle
39 Posts
Nice car

Usually not a fan but I like the blue interior lights you got going on, looks pretty sick. Man everybody on this site gots headlamp swaps, looks like my Hid's alone just arn't going to cut it :notworthy

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Usually not a fan but I like the blue interior lights you got going on, looks pretty sick. Man everybody on this site gots headlamp swaps, looks like my Hid's alone just arn't going to cut it :notworthy
:D Thanx

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:nuts: One step closer, just got my CCFL Halos in. Got here in two days! Very sweet, now to find some nice projectors for these nice ### halos. :naughty:

Maybe exhaust will come in on Monday. Still a happy little injen ha ha ha ha.

Edit: Just found Audi Q7/Q5 projectors for $69! cashed out at $81.99. Maybe Tues I'll start my retro! :banana:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I don't really care.

-Jordan

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I got the projectors in today :D and there is some mechanial flap inside them. :dunno: Not sure what it's for or how/where to connect it to. Will upload pics of it when I get off tomorrow. Lost my SD card reader and my stupid laptop won't read the micro SD converter... Now just waiting on the Shroud and a day off, then this retro will be underway.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts