Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to get warmer weather now, and the remote unlock double click + hold to open windows & moonroof is incredible. It was a neat feature during cold weather, but now I can't imagine living without it. Getting in the car after all the hot air has escaped is the best thing ever.

The only thing I wish I could get is, if I park with the moonroof tilted up, that it would still respond to the remote to open together with the windows.

·
Registered
329 Posts
tested this feature the first day i got mines, def cool and can't wait to use it this summer lol

·
Registered
941 Posts
I don't have the remote connection, but I do enjoy having a moonroof. I don't use it as often as I probably should... but when I want it and think about it, it's really nice to have.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for reminding me my Accord has this feature. I kind of forgot about it because I'm so used to never using or even thinking about my fob ever (I have an EX-L). Would be so nice since my Accord is black.

On the topic of moonroofs, I'm a diehard lover of them. All I heard years ago is that they all leak but I've had one in every vehicle I've had since 2001 and that's been a lot of vehicles. Never an issue with any of them.
I use it all the time, every day when weather permits...even if it's in the low 40's sometimes since my car is black, it warms up enough. I love the fresh air and light.

I have previously owned an Audi A5 (coupe) and it had a large moonroof but it only tilted up an inch or two, it didn't actually open. I didn't realize how much that little feature would affect my enjoyment of the car. I really liked the huge panoramic moonroof my Caddy CTS had.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had this feature on my 98 Lexus GS400. In order to reverse the procedure (aside from doing so inside the car), you had to insert the key into the door and hold it in the lock position until the windows and moonroof closed. This was also handy when a window or the roof was mistakenly left open.

Is there a similar method to closing all windows and sunroof with the smart fob that doesn't necessitate climbing into the cabin?

·
Registered
367 Posts
...It was a neat feature during cold weather
Love moonroof.

Be aware though not to open it in below-freezing temp. or when there is ice/snow on the roof. It can damage the panel and motor
Code:
NOTICE
Opening the moonroof in below freezing
temperature or when it is covered with snow or ice
can damage the moonroof panel or motor.(Manual, P.130)

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
Just use it to air out the car before I get in mostly... but I do love the light it gives me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had this feature on my 98 Lexus GS400. In order to reverse the procedure (aside from doing so inside the car), you had to insert the key into the door and hold it in the lock position until the windows and moonroof closed. This was also handy when a window or the roof was mistakenly left open.

Is there a similar method to closing all windows and sunroof with the smart fob that doesn't necessitate climbing into the cabin?
Pretty sure it works the exact same way....take the key out of the smart fob and turn and hold it

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
This feature is nice but somewhat useless. The key FOB range is not that far and I can only open the moon roof about twenty five feet away from the car. Here in Texas the heat is so onerous that the moon roof and windows being open for such a short period of time only has the effect on the temperature as urinating in the ocean. :grin

Reactions: hobiecatter

·
Registered
657 Posts
Believe it or not, in the summer months, I actually turn on the A/C, then drive with all the windows down and the moon roof fully opened. I only do this when the temperature is below 90 degrees.

It may sound crazy, but it gives me fresh air while moving, yet cool air when stopped. I got this idea from a friend, and it actually feels like I'm driving a convertible. It is so refreshing ...

Reactions: Miker

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
This feature is nice but somewhat useless. The key FOB range is not that far and I can only open the moon roof about twenty five feet away from the car. Here in Texas the heat is so onerous that the moon roof and windows being open for such a short period of time only has the effect on the temperature as urinating in the ocean. :grin
The devil wanted a place on Earth, Sort of a summer home
A place to spend his vacation, whenever he wanted to roam.
So he picked out Texas, A place both wretched and rough
Where the climate was to his liking and the cowboys hardened and tough.
He dried up the streams in the canyons, and ordered no rain to fall
He dried up the lakes in the valleys, then baked and scorched it all.
Then over his barren country, He transplanted shrubs from hell.
The cactus, thistle and prickly pear, the climate suited them well.
Now the home was much to his liking, but animal life, he had none.
So he created crawling creatures that all mankind would shun.
First he made the rattlesnake, with its forked poisonous tongue.
Taught it to strike and rattle and how to swallow its young.
Then he made scorpions and lizards and the ugly old horned toad.
He placed spiders of every description, under rocks by the side of the road.
Then he ordered the sun to shine hotter, Hotter and hotter still.
Until even the cactus wilted and the old horned lizard took ill.
Then he gazed on his earthly kingdom, as any creator would
He chuckled a little up his sleeve and admitted that he'd done good.
'Twas summer now and Satan lay, by a prickly pear to rest.
The sweat rolled off his swarthy brow, so he took off his coat and vest.
'By Golly, ' he finally panted, 'I did my job too well,
I'm going back to where I came from, 'cuz Texas is hotter than Hell.'

Reactions: II Kings 9:20

·
Registered
228 Posts
I love a moonroof. I have had one on several of my cars and always miss it when I don't. It was the biggest deciding factor for me to move up to the EX. I have it tilted open in all but the worst weather and all the way open whenever I can. I love having the light and fresh air.

·
The Shadow displaced Bug Magnet
2020 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T in Modern Steel Metallic
490 Posts
Texas is for p*****. You want some real heat .... plus 99% humidity that absolutely sucks out all your energy, come on down to Mississippi. Alabama is pretty nasty as well. And don't forget Louisiana... the mosquitoes there will carry off your children.

PS: That sunroof feature works pretty good in Mississippi.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
The devil wanted a place on Earth, Sort of a summer home
A place to spend his vacation, whenever he wanted to roam.
So he picked out Texas, A place both wretched and rough
Where the climate was to his liking and the cowboys hardened and tough.
He dried up the streams in the canyons, and ordered no rain to fall
He dried up the lakes in the valleys, then baked and scorched it all.
Then over his barren country, He transplanted shrubs from hell.
The cactus, thistle and prickly pear, the climate suited them well.
Now the home was much to his liking, but animal life, he had none.
So he created crawling creatures that all mankind would shun.
First he made the rattlesnake, with its forked poisonous tongue.
Taught it to strike and rattle and how to swallow its young.
Then he made scorpions and lizards and the ugly old horned toad.
He placed spiders of every description, under rocks by the side of the road.
Then he ordered the sun to shine hotter, Hotter and hotter still.
Until even the cactus wilted and the old horned lizard took ill.
Then he gazed on his earthly kingdom, as any creator would
He chuckled a little up his sleeve and admitted that he'd done good.
'Twas summer now and Satan lay, by a prickly pear to rest.
The sweat rolled off his swarthy brow, so he took off his coat and vest.
'By Golly, ' he finally panted, 'I did my job too well,
I'm going back to where I came from, 'cuz Texas is hotter than Hell.'
Nice, I am easily entertained.

I'm in the minority here and I don't like moon roofs and never use mine. I would love to opt out.

I'm OK with sunroofs but those are no longer available like on my Citroen, Peugeot, Alfa, and 300E. A sunroof is made of a steel panel. I don't like glass overhead and wish MB never invented that idiotic panoramic roof.

A/C is very good for keeping the car cool.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Not a fan of the mooroof, but had to have one to get the v6 never had one before.

Not good to have the sun on my bald head

Don't want to be noticed with all of the light that it provides

Can't listen to the stereo with the wind noise.

Would love to have the extra headroom if it wasn't there. I'm 6'4"

After Flyboys saga, I never realized that the roof structure is more difficult to repair in accidents

So, for the most part I leave it closed.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I had no idea this feature even existed on my car. Is there a way to remote close everything after?
Nope. Not good for the kids. I initially learned about this by looking at videos. When I picked up my Accord I showed the salesman, he was impressed.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I had no idea this feature even existed on my car. Is there a way to remote close everything after?
No. You have to use your key to close everything by turning the key to lock the doors. Do this twice in quick succession, but hold the key in locking position the second time and all windows and moonroof will close.

I love the remote open feature, but dislike having to use the key to close up everything. This is especially true with my smart entry because I have to spend extra time removing the key from my smart entry FOB and putting it back.

Nope. Not good for the kids. I initially learned about this by looking at videos. When I picked up my Accord I showed the salesman, he was impressed.
This feature has been around since the 7th Gen Accords (maybe sooner). I'm surprised that your salesman just learned about it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts