Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've been searching high and low for a resolution for this. My moonroof is stuck tilted open I believe somehow it needs to be reset the car only has 55,000 miles on it I really doubt that the motor is bad. I know the car isn't recognizing that the sunroof is open right now because I'll get feedback in my subs still right now because my ANC is not disconnected. And usually when I open my sunroof that'll go away immediately but now I have to open a driver window or passenger window to get it to go away even though the sunroof is already open. So basically I'm looking for a way to reset this or at least close it manually any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
Found this in a 5 second search...the power of Google..

Step 1: Close the driver’s door. This must remain closed for the entire time you’re resetting the sunroof.
Step 2: Set the ignition switch position to “Lock.”
Step 3: Press the sunroof “Tilt” switch and hold it. Simultaneously, turn the ignition position to “On.”
Step 4: Let go of the “Tilt” control and return the ignition to the “Lock” position.
Step 5: Repeat Steps 3-4 four times.
Step 6: Toggle the Auto On and Off functions. If they are still operating normally, they’re not cleared. In this case, you’ll need to go back to Step 1. If not, proceed to Step 7.
Step 7: Press the “Open” switch for 3 seconds minimum after the moonroof is open.
Step 8: Repeat Step 7, but for the “Close” control.
Step 9: Confirm that the reset has worked by using the Auto Open and Close functions.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Found this in a 5 second search...the power of Google..

Step 1: Close the driver’s door. This must remain closed for the entire time you’re resetting the sunroof.
<s>
Step 9: Confirm that the reset has worked by using the Auto Open and Close functions.
Sounds crazy, but I seem to recall a similarly crazy reset for the windows on my 2003 Accord.

The other question is how does one close it manually if needed? Is there a "jacking" point where a tool can be used to turn the mechanism?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts