Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2014 Accord LX CVT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My only solid complaint about this car is the seats, there's something about the seat back that makes my lower back cramp up. Has anyone found any seat covers that are worth the money that would make sitting in the car a less painful experience?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I found that although they are not liked by all - natural sheep skin covers have worked for me for years.

Cooler in the Summer and a bit warmer in the Winter. If your lower back hurts I've found that if I buy some of those small pillows in the shape of a dog bone, and run a piece of elastic around to hold them in place they work wonders underneath the sheep skins

·
2014 Accord LX CVT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, I'll keep a look out for those. I'm wary of ordering something like this online, unless others with the same car are recommending it, ya know? As for more lumbar support, as strange as it might sound, I kinda want less support... honestly, if there were just a thick foam backing on a seat cover, maybe an inch or two thick, that might do the trick. I'm just not seeing anything like that available.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Ah, I'll keep a look out for those. I'm wary of ordering something like this online, unless others with the same car are recommending it, ya know? As for more lumbar support, as strange as it might sound, I kinda want less support... honestly, if there were just a thick foam backing on a seat cover, maybe an inch or two thick, that might do the trick. I'm just not seeing anything like that available.
Have you considered one of those things that cab drivers often use...the thing that's made out of those wooden beads that just drapes over the seat? I've never tried one but I've heard they're very comfortable. Some people swear by them. You might also try tilting the bottom seat back or forward a bit. Sometimes the smallest adjustments can really do a lot to improve comfort...although it does seem like more than a few people really don't like the Accord seats one bit.

Reactions: DetailerKKM

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
My parents always got the sheepskin covers dating back to 1980. They take a long time to wear out. Best thing about them is they are cool in the Arizona heat and warm in the winter. They are pricey but worth every penny. They used Rocky Mountain Sheepskin Co.

I have the Coverking neoprene in my accord and they are quite nice. Don't think that they will last the life of the car though.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
My parents always got the sheepskin covers dating back to 1980. They take a long time to wear out. Best thing about them is they are cool in the Arizona heat and warm in the winter. They are pricey but worth every penny. They used Rocky Mountain Sheepskin Co.

I have the Coverking neoprene in my accord and they are quite nice. Don't think that they will last the life of the car though.
I still have my New England sheepskins I used on my 300E 23 years ago. Modern cars need cutouts for side airbag deployment for any seat cover. How do these sheepskins handle that iissue?

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I went to a mattress manufacturer and bought a couple of pieces of memory foam. It is more comfortable than the seats, but would be a problem for tall people. I was going to have a seat cover manufacturer build the foam into the seat, but my wife said no more money is to be put into her car.

I also have a gel pad which I used on my R1150RT that I can use for long trips.

Reactions: DetailerKKM

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I still have my New England sheepskins I used on my 300E 23 years ago. Modern cars need cutouts for side airbag deployment for any seat cover. How do these sheepskins handle that iissue?
Yes, they have the cutouts for the side airbag. They are pricey at $299 per seat. I think that most all custom manufacturers have the cutouts now.

It's a concern for those that buy a seat cover at a big box store and don't read the fine print. Don't think that those covers have a cutout.

·
Registered
202 Posts
A good friend of mine (and a HUGE car enthusiast who passed a few years ago) told me to: "Cry once and buy the best."

Even though the sheepskins are spendy I would definitely spend the money on the best I could get. (without going nutso on the price)

·
Registered
941 Posts
A good friend of mine (and a HUGE car enthusiast who passed a few years ago) told me to: "Cry once and buy the best."

Even though the sheepskins are spendy I would definitely spend the money on the best I could get. (without going nutso on the price)
doesn't appear to be a way to get sheepskin without going nuts on the price. Damn those things are crazy expensive!

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
I heard price is high because there is a shortage of good quality sheeps.

I heard this at the town dump.

·
2014 Accord LX CVT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmm, all this is interesting. I was thinking memory foam would be great, but I might end up getting something just to protect the seats, then one of those backpad things that hangs off the top of the seat just to give my back some cush. Those light color interiors are nice, but I'm tired of worrying about spills. If there was a protective seat cover that was also a little thick, that would be perfect, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to pay a few hundred dollars for something. We'll see what I end up finding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The dealer knew that I drive 25,000 miles a year and still sold me a 2014 Accord. By the time I reach 30 miles I have hip awareness and by 60 miles I am in pain. 3-4 days a month I drive 300 miles. I have written to Honda to see what they will do to help me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts