Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda Accord EX-L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was having a problem with figuring out why my AC wouldn’t work on my 07 Accord EXL.
No leak in system, replaced relay, so I was told I needed to replace compressor. WELLLLPP, I did and still no AC, so replaced the condenser as well....nothing 😁 then ultimately they figured out one of the lines to the compressor was clogged so after many dollars later. Got my car back with AC. This morning drove 40 mins to work with AC on and the temperature gauge went to H, and smoke coming out of the coolant reservoir area. I let the car sit Reservoir was full of coolant. So put distilled water in the radiator line. And haven’t had it overheat for the drive back home.
In the 7 years I’ve had this car it never overheated and idk what the problem is.
Please help😁

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
330 Posts
Check to make sure the radiator fans are working too. The fan in the passenger side is controlled by the thermostat, and should cycle every once and a while when the engine is hot. The fan on the driver side is controlled by the A/C, and should run whenever the A/C is on.

·
Registered
Honda Accord 2006 EX-L Nav. 2.4l with 123K miles
115 Posts
Check to make sure the radiator fans are working too. The fan in the passenger side is controlled by the thermostat, and should cycle every once and a while when the engine is hot. The fan on the driver side is controlled by the A/C, and should run whenever the A/C is on.
I think its the opposite.

I'm curious, if the reservoir was full of coolant and the car overheats, do you really need to add distilled water?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Radiator could be low and the overflow still has some. I agree to check to make sure the high speed A/C fan is turning on when the compressor is started. I sure hope the car did not overheat..

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I don't know where you are taking your car for repair but I would find another shop, hopefully you didn't blow the head gasket.

·
07 Sdn
339 Posts
Its possible they drained the radiator coolant to replace the condenser. Which was stupid because it can be removed without removing the radiator. They probably forgot to fill it up again and bleed the system.
On the 07 both fans come on when the AC is on, make sure thats happening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts