Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dats da way to do...
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i jsut got my LX-s and i noticed that every time i start my car when its cold, especially in the morning, i hear a rattling noise coming from the muffler and after it gets warm it stops rattling. i was wondering if you guys have the same problem or is this something i should take to the dealers.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Same here on my LXP. I never really noticed it till after an accident i was in, guess its time to go to the dealer

·
Dats da way to do...
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats the VTC actuator rattle?

·
Registered
174 Posts
A part in the engine is making his muffler rattle...do you have any idea what you are even talking about?
No he doesn't just making up some nonsense to frighten somebody. The sound is 100% normal.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I don't hear anything abnormal either, but it never hurts to go to the dealer if you're under warranty

·
Registered
574 Posts
Had my wife check mine when she cold started it and it sounds EXACTLY the same as yours. I would not worry about it.

·
In Reverse
662 Posts
Just the exhaust rattling, nothing big. When you stepped away from being 1 cm infront of the muffler, the car seemed to be running fine. You had a nice clean start also, looks good.

·
port & polish everything
1,699 Posts
mine does that also, when the engine is cold the exhaust sound is really coarse

i think it's kind of cool lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts