Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the correct info on the front and side mounts. The front mount is broke and must be replaced, but can wait on the side mount for now.

Not sure when its price goes from $45 to $145. What am I not seeing here. The ones I've searched are OEM compliant.

Any advice as to whats the best price for the right mount? I'm assuming its an easy install with the right tools?????

Thanks guys for all your help.

IMG_00071A.jpg

·
Registered
231 Posts
The front mount is more important than the right mount. We always use OEM mounts so I can't tell you a thing about aftermarket ones. The right side is simple to change while the front is a bit more time consuming.

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
Don't bother with aftermarket mounts unless you like vibration.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is there any easy way to tell if the mounts need replacing. I think mine are ok, but not sure.

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
The front mount (rad side) is easy, stomp on the gas from a dead stop, do you feel a "thump" from under the hood? If so, the front mount is broken.

The rear mount, if it collapses, will lead to vibration, side mounts on both trans and engine, some vibration, and more movement than desired.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Or open the hood and do a quick brake torque in drive and reverse to see which mounts are moving. You need 2 people.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys. Will stay away from the aftermarket mounts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Going to tackle the front mount this weekend guys, any info or tricks that I must be aware of?

Would like to say thanks for posting some sites for parts in another tread, I ordered the mount from the dealer thru estore.com and saved $42 bucks... Great deal!!!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It's been a while since I've done one but if I remember right, I had to remove the left fan to get the mount out. Getting the bracket off is the hardest part. Just make sure you are able to lift & support the car and have a jack and block of wood to support the engine.

·
Registered
851 Posts
you going to do this yourself?
if you are hope you are experienced or even have someone that is experienced cause it cant be that hard. always go with OEM cause they will last just as long as factory

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lower Motor Mounts

Can anyone tell me where the lower motor mounts are located? Is it near the transmission? Any images would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you going to do this yourself?
if you are hope you are experienced or even have someone that is experienced cause it cant be that hard. always go with OEM cause they will last just as long as factory
Yes I will be doing this myself this weekend and have a good sense of mechanical skills. I did buy the mount thru estore.com which is part of Honda and Acura dealerships. Purchased online for much less ($121.00) than what the dealers price of $163.00 and picked it up from the dealer. I will post when completed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can anyone tell me where the lower motor mounts are located? Is it near the transmission? Any images would be great.

Thanks
Shincy, I believe you are talking about the front and rear motor mounts. The front is visible between the fan and the engine. From what I've read the rear is allot harder to get to. Other than those there are the side mounts. I will post a more detail pics over the weekend of the front mount.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Guys,

Front Mount is DONE!!!! I put together a slideshow for those who might want to tackle the job themselves.

Click here or copy and paste link into your browser - http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k500/nor514/

Took about 3 hours and the tools needed were:
1/2 Drive w/ 9/16 Short and long sockets
11/16 socket
1/2 inch Swivel
12 and 6 inch extentions
3/8 Drive w/ 10mm socket and short extention
9/16 inch wrench with one side open and another to use for leverage to tighten down engine bolts from underneath the car
Flathead screwdriver and Needle nose pliers

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey Guys,

Front Mount is DONE!!!! I put together a slideshow for those who might want to tackle the job themselves.

Click here or copy and paste link into your browser - http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k500/nor514/

Took about 3 hours and the tools needed were:
1/2 Drive w/ 9/16 Short and long sockets
11/16 socket
1/2 inch Swivel
12 and 6 inch extentions
3/8 Drive w/ 10mm socket and short extention
9/16 inch wrench with one side open and another to use for leverage to tighten down engine bolts from underneath the car
Flathead screwdriver and Needle nose pliers

Thanks for all your help.
Nice job :thmsup: It's not too bad. The bolt you can't see on the bracket is the hardest part I think.

The only thing I see wrong is the 9/16", 11/16" sockets. 9/16" should be 14mm and 11/16" should be 17mm but hey, they are close enough for a Honda. When you are working on a rusty pile the right size work much better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts