Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Me too! You are not alone.

Jay

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
My averages are also similar to your's, and I'm also in NJ. I'm guessing by the numbers you have a V6? :D Now that it has "warmed up" a bit (aka. not 0F or lower), the mileage has picked back up ever so slightly, but nowhere near what it used to be in the summer and fall.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Consider yourself lucky. I'm in queens for a few weeks and with NYC traffic I average anywhere between 6-12mpg.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My averages are also similar to your's, and I'm also in NJ. I'm guessing by the numbers you have a V6? :D Now that it has "warmed up" a bit (aka. not 0F or lower), the mileage has picked back up ever so slightly, but nowhere near what it used to be in the summer and fall.
Mine is 2013 sport. I never get over 30mpg even in warm weather. :-(

·
Basque Red Fury
1,046 Posts
To everyone: turn your heat off.

Problem solved

·
Registered
810 Posts
pfft...after 5 years I don't even worry about mpg anymore. Depending on how I drive some weeks are better than others but I can't say that it's affected my pocket book all that much. The price of gas is really the problem but in the end, what can we really do about it?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mine is 2013 sport. I never get over 30mpg even in warm weather. :-(
Ouch... :paranoid:

Do you drive on the left lane or right? I only ask because driving on the right, you go slower, but you actually end up getting to places quicker on average. Ain't it great to be in NJ? :thmsup:

To everyone: turn your heat off.

Problem solved
:naughty:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Mine's been lower the last 2 winters. Get 26-28 in spring/summer/fall and 22-23 in winter. Probably due to idle warm-ups in the garage each morning. These are in town numbers.

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
Did you do the DIY for better MPG's?

....there is no diy for better mpg's people. Carry on. :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Don't worry. Just think. In about 2.5 more months it will be the start of April. So, about 10 weeks from now the cold weather will be seriously coming to an end.

But I feel your pain. My I4 CVT had been getting about 30-31 MPG in 75% city/25% highway driving when I bought it last September. But now it's getting about 27 MPG due to the winter fuel and cold weather.

Not much you can do about it other than buy a Civic or Prius next time...or move someplace where it never gets really cold! :wave:

·
S mode
382 Posts
I used to get averagely 27-29 MPG. now only get 23-25 MPG :dunno:

I'm in NJ. Snowing here.

Wonder how ppl get over 30 mpg.
With this iMid to monitor your MPG, it has changed my driving experience A LOT! I constantly have to look at it and stepping really soft on the gas pedal to get good MPG (20+MPG).

Therefore, it changes my driving experience.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So, hopefully not too off topic here, but I too try to track my MPG (I drive about 160 miles RT daily) so this is important to me. I notice the original poster shows the history of trip A working well. For some reason, although I have mine set to rest trip A at fill up, my HISTORY does not accrue. Is the original poster manually resetting trip A, or is your iMid history of trip A automatically rolling over like it's supposed to?

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
So, hopefully not too off topic here, but I too try to track my MPG (I drive about 160 miles RT daily) so this is important to me. I notice the original poster shows the history of trip A working well. For some reason, although I have mine set to rest trip A at fill up, my HISTORY does not accrue. Is the original poster manually resetting trip A, or is your iMid history of trip A automatically rolling over like it's supposed to?
What you are seeing is a known issue that Honda has yet to correct.

JAy

1 - 20 of 41 Posts