1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,404 Posts
tire pressure?

·
Honda Nation
1,678 Posts
So my 08 Accord chirps when I accelerate fast and shift gears.

Any ideas?
If you have the V6 that's normal, I can chirp it up to third even with the traction control on. It's a Japanese managed/American engineered hot rod!

If you have the 4 cylinder, I can still see the ability to chirp the tires in 1st or second. If you drop the clutch over 5k RPM the K24A ain't no slouch either.

·
Automagic V6 Coupe
17 Posts
I dont quite get if this is a question or statement lol I always figured it was normal for tires to chirp on manual cars if you were accelerating at lower gears. Thought it just meant your were hitting the friction point correctly?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Its probably the serp. Belt slipping. My 11' 4cyl does it too going into 2nd and 3rd if I'm on it hard 7000-7200 and upshift hard. Sometimes it'll bark the tires other times the gear change is too much of a rpm difference and it will make the belt slip.

With that being said I still continue to do it and I'm sure its hell on the timing chain and guides. I probaly should have bought a v6 this things a dud, but I get great mileage from it so it'll have to do.

56k on it now and it gets 100 more almost everyday here in nyc

·
Registered
104 Posts
No, it's not the tires. I get it shifting from first to second under acceleration.
It's a mixture of how this car manages its acceleration gs and tire pressure is a key factor too.. But I ultimately think its how you let off of the clutch I noticed if I'm too quick it jolts and the engine doesn't keep roaring if I ride it too long it squeals and yes I have the k24 i4. Also colder weather and sand or anything wet doesn't help this but its all in the clutch and how the car shifts its weight I think

tire pressure?
I forget is it lower tire pressure that makes it squeal more or higher?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe it would be higher tire pressure, but this squeal that lasts for around a second sounds like it may be a belt.

I don't think there is enough torque to chirp the tires when shifting from first to second.

I forget is it lower tire pressure that makes it squeal more or higher?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts