Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey DA... I seem to be having a problem when changing my MTF on my 2010 accord LX-S (i4) Coupe. I open the drain bolt for the transmission fluid, and nothing is coming out?? :dunno: I was expecting the trans fluid to gush out of the drain hole the same as oil when you remove the drain bolt from the oil pan, but NOTHING!

Am I doing something wrong? All the DIY trans fluid changes don't really look like my transmission for some reason..

Under the driver side, under the car there is a small opening in the splash guard under (about 6" x 4" opening) which exposes what I believe is the drain bolt for the trans fluid. There is another bolt, which requires an 8MM allen wrench that is above the drain bolt and to the left (if you are standing in front of the car looking at the trans) on the front of the trans, and then there is a regular 17mm bolt on the top of the trans (to the right of the 8mm allen bolt) with a small red mark on it.

I am confused, if and when I finally get the fluid to drain, which hole is for the fill? I thought it was the 8MM allen nut that is facing the front bumper, not the 17mm bolt on the top of the trans.

I will get some pics up ASAP to help explain..

Any help would be appreciated, I have my car all leveled on jack stands ATM.

Thanks in advance :notworthy

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW! I was in the wrong place all along, didnt realize that the drain bolt was facing the driver side wheel, I thought it was the bolt facing the front bumper :headbash: ... Got the fluid changed yesterday with AC DELCO SYNCHROMESH and the car shifts smoothly into 3rd now with no grinds. Also my reverse feels 1,000,000 times better, it used to feel very jumpy in reverse, almost like it wouldn't completely engage in gear but it is smooth as butter now!!

Only problem I have now is that my garage smells like ass because I spilled 1/2 quart of the new fluid... :boohoo:

EDIT: RATTMAN, the bolt is NOT 1/2, it is 3/8" like HondaTechAV6 stated..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts