Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the part different from 2013 to 2014?

i emailed this vendor and they said it will not fit the 2014 accord sedan

can anyone confirm?

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
is the part different from 2013 to 2014?

i emailed this vendor and they said it will not fit the 2014 accord sedan

http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Genuine...UTF8&colid=OEOXAIGA9YKK&coliid=I11SI5RKM2E43F

can anyone confirm?
My guess is this person is just blindly looking at their screen and it says "2013" so they don't know. What would have changed?

By the way, why do you want to ruin the clean look of your car with some plastic appendages anyway, and pay $62 for the privilege?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My guess is this person is just blindly looking at their screen and it says "2013" so they don't know. What would have changed?

By the way, why do you want to ruin the clean look of your car with some plastic appendages anyway, and pay $62 for the privilege?

lol.. i think they look decent on the car.. and it adds more protection.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I did not care for the Honda Accessory mudflaps. I just did not see what they did for protection. I decided to go old skool and scored a set of HONDA logoed flat splash guards. $17 all in for 4 and I have real protection and no cavity to trap road salt against the paint and rub.

In NY the roads in the winter become gravel roads with all the road salt and I did not see the Honda accessory flaps providing any rocker panel protection. From the side you can't even see them on the car.

Jay

·
Registered
248 Posts
.. and it adds more protection.
They add no worthwhile protection, and are a disappointing waste of time and money. I would have thought Honda would have done a better job before putting their name to this product. If you want protection, Jay's mudflaps are the way to go.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mud guards are for trucks!

/ Thread

·
Registered
514 Posts
I did not care for the Honda Accessory mudflaps. I just did not see what they did for protection. I decided to go old skool and scored a set of HONDA logoed flat splash guards. $17 all in for 4 and I have real protection and no cavity to trap road salt against the paint and rub.

In NY the roads in the winter become gravel roads with all the road salt and I did not see the Honda accessory flaps providing any rocker panel protection. From the side you can't even see them on the car.

Jay
To each their own, but I had a set like that on my 87 Delta 88 with the Olds logo. It worked with the boxy lines of that but just looks hideous against the curves lines of the 9th gen, IMHO.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Splash guards serve one major purpose in life - to provide profit opportunity to dealers who are being squeezed by internet price discovery :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
To each their own, but I had a set like that on my 87 Delta 88 with the Olds logo. It worked with the boxy lines of that but just looks hideous against the curves lines of the 9th gen, IMHO.
Don't get all Conspiracy Theory on us, Mel! Lmao

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
lol.. i think they look decent on the car.. and it adds more protection.
I added them. I like them. They look fine. And they help a lot in keeping rain spatter and light slush as well as gravel off the paint.

·
4,339 Posts
Tell that to all the WRX/STIs that I see going around with the Rally Armor flaps I see :lmao:

Function
--------
Form

Jay

·
Registered
514 Posts
Tell that to all the WRX/STIs that I see going around with the Rally Armor flaps I see :lmao:

Function
--------
Form

Jay
True, but very few will be drifting in an Accord.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Didn't have any on my last car but I like the way they look on my Accord. Minimal protection but they do help guard against some of the splash back from the road and freshly detailed tires. Just my opinion, but those huge guards with the logo look terrible on the Accord. They might look better on the Honda Pilot.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I removed mine. I wish that I had done it sooner (10,000 miles). The paint is scuffed behind where they were mounted. The mud guards damage the paint along the back edge where it touches the fender. They do more damage than protect.

If you ever drive in the rain, the grit and grime from the road will get in that seam and act as very coarse sand paper.

·
4,339 Posts
True, but very few will be drifting in an Accord.
Same could be said for the WRX/STIs... :)

Didn't have any on my last car but I like the way they look on my Accord. Minimal protection but they do help guard against some of the splash back from the road and freshly detailed tires. Just my opinion, but those huge guards with the logo look terrible on the Accord. They might look better on the Honda Pilot.....
They are not that big and hardly noticeable. They barely stick past the fender, basically stick down out of the wheel well. If you look at the car from the side the are not even noticeable.

Jay

·
Registered
901 Posts
Love mine, first thing I bought online when i got the car home. My car is CBP color which makes a huge difference IMHO. If not for the off the shelf match I'd get them color matched. I DO NOT like them on black on silver cars etc...looks cheap.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Same could be said for the WRX/STIs... :)

They are not that big and hardly noticeable. They barely stick past the fender, basically stick down out of the wheel well. If you look at the car from the side the are not even noticeable.

Jay
Guess the pic posted makes them look larger than they really are. Bottom line for me is the only opinion that matters is your own. There would be no innovation or change if we all liked the same thing.

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
I like them and I've had them on all four of my Hondas.

·
4,339 Posts
Guess the pic posted makes them look larger than they really are. Bottom line for me is the only opinion that matters is your own. There would be no innovation or change if we all liked the same thing.
:thmsup:

Jay

1 - 20 of 40 Posts