Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my 2013 Honda Accord Sport for about 2 months now and I was wondering if I were to unbolt the muffler how would my car sound like? and what are the affects from me doing that?

·
Registered
72 Posts
You would likely gain a bit of peak hp (still a lot of restrictions ahead of the mufflers).

But that thing is going to drone like crazy. And loudly. Exiting under the car is a bad plan. And if you have a CVT....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
884 Posts
It would just sound horrible.

·
Registered
514 Posts
A muffler doesn't just quiet an exhaust but it tunes the sound also. If you are on a limited budget and are looking for it to be louder, but a couple of universal mufflers and have a local exhaust shop put them on or pipe them back from the cat. It will cost you $400-500 total but its cheaper than a brand name exhaust and will def make it louder. Don't expect any increased performance though.

·
2013 Sport
201 Posts
If you're debating deleting your muffler, you're probably better off paying gobs of money for someone else to do literally everything on your car. No offense, just saying.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
If you're debating deleting your muffler, you're probably better off paying gobs of money for someone else to do literally everything on your car. No offense, just saying.
And plenty of fines for loud pipes. :banana:

Honda probably would void your warrantee for removing the muffler which creates back pressure for the engine and it is part of the emission control system.

·
Registered
884 Posts
And plenty of fines for loud pipes. :banana:

Honda probably would void your warrantee for removing the muffler which creates back pressure for the engine and it is part of the emission control system.
1. They can't, and won't, void the entire warranty.
2. The mufflers are not part of emission control.
3. Freeing up back pressure will not damage the engine.

Reactions: llebcire

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
You are probably correct. However, if you have been driving without a muffler for some time and you have an engine or emissions problem, then I can see Honda looking for a way to use your lack of judgement to not cover the problem under the warrantee.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I decided to actually read the new car warrantee booklet. Guess what? Your muffler is warranted for as long as you own the car.

Thanks for reminding me to read the document :)

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
That lifetime warranty is for replacement components, not the originally installed ones.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
do it!!! think about it, you would be the only one in the entire world to have done it

·
Registered
884 Posts
Straight pipe it!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
A muffler doesn't just quiet an exhaust but it tunes the sound also. If you are on a limited budget and are looking for it to be louder, but a couple of universal mufflers and have a local exhaust shop put them on or pipe them back from the cat. It will cost you $400-500 total but its cheaper than a brand name exhaust and will def make it louder. Don't expect any increased performance though.

Hey, I was thinking of getting a new exhaust for my accord and was wondering if it was just the cans that make the noise or the whole set up?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts