Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 i4 Auto EX-L with about 107K km. I have a noisy muffler which was diagnosed to have lose baffles inside of it. For the most part it is ok and doesn't affect the performance of the car, but the noise sometimes gets to me.

To get the muffler replaced with a Honda muffler (at the dealership) is about $900 (750 for the part and 50 labor and taxes). I've been shopping around and have a couple of alternatives.

1. Order the part from the US and drive down to pick it up. The cost of the part in the US is about $350. Ideally I'd love to find a dealership there that is trustworthy and can install it while I'm there.

2. Go to a local muffler shop where they would cut the muffler section of the exhaust (after the resonator) and install just a new muffler. About $350.

I personally am thinking of going to the US to get the work done, but I'm a bit worried about going to a dealership and getting screwed while I'm there. If I do go to the US it would probably be Michigan - Detroit area. so, if anyone has any recommendations on dealerships in that area I'd love to hear them.

Appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd just get a magnaflow... not sure what it goes for in Canada but I got mine for $85 with coupon from advanced auto parts and had it installed for $30. With the resonators it doesn't sound very much different than stock. Slightly deeper is all.

Otherwise you could just buy my stock muffler lol xD not sure how much shipping would be to Canada though ><

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The muffler part is actually the entire piece (resonator and muffler) from the catalytic all the way back. Unfortunately that is why the part is so expensive. I would consider getting just the muffler, but would need to get a flange done on it and run the risk of the flange weld going bad down the road. I've experienced it before and it is a pain cause you have to put out more money. I've just found replace the whole thing and have more piece of mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts