Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have few extra dollars to spend on my 2013 accord coupe v6. What are some of must have accesories that you would recommend to improve my driving experience and look of the car? thanks.

·
Houstonian
57 Posts
Assuming that you don't already have these; I would recommend

• Mud guards
  • Interior footwell lighting
  • Floor liner
  • Wheel locks

IMO The Accord looks naked without mud guards (if that makes sense)

The footwell lighting will look great at night, and the floor liner will keep the

inside nice and tidy.

Oh and you have to protect those nices wheels too!

·
Continuously Variable
25 Posts
The footwell lighting will look great at night
I had the footwell lighting in my 09 Civic and it was great. I had it put in my 14 Accord and it's completely useless.

At night, wearing white shoes, it's BARELY visible. You'd have to be in complete darkness and trying really hard to see it at all. If I hadn't negotiated it for free when I bought the car, I'd be insisting on a refund.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Useful non oem- Weathertech digi floor mats and cargo liner(they've saved my carpet enough to have paid for themselves)
Exterior- oem underbody spoiler kit, lip oem spoiler(trunk), oem window visors
Interior- good window tint, these cars get warm very quickly.
Everything else would be personal preference.

·
Superbikes do it better
458 Posts
....but in all seriousness, we had the dealer add the following to our V6 coupe at the point of sale:

Remote engine starter
Rear spoiler
Body side mouldings
Rear bumper applique
Splash guards
Trunk liner
All weather floor mats

All told, it took the service department about 2 days to install everything (not including the trunk liner and floor mats).

Now I'm lookin' for a good AGM battery.

·
It's a Coupe or nothing
213 Posts

·
Long live the manual
620 Posts
Horn Upgrade from College Hills ! Cheap, Easy & Loud !

I have few extra dollars to spend on my 2013 accord coupe v6. What are some of must have accesories that you would recommend to improve my driving experience and look of the car? thanks.
Well the first thing I did to my car was after using my Meep Meep horn on more than one occassion since buying the car & feeling pretty embarrassed.
Went to this Horn Upgrade thread to read about the College Hills Horn upgrade. For about $40 you can have real horns in your Accord & the video shows how easy the install is to DIY !

·
Registered
182 Posts
Like many others, I'd suggest:

-Wheel Locks
-Splash Guards
-Floor & Trunk Mats

Possibly door sill trim and engine wise, an intake for starters

·
Ryland L. Loncharich
112 Posts
WRONG! His car comes with them.
He said "Honda cheaps out on them". Even the V6 has garbage for fog lights. A nice Projector Retrofit and Xenon install will run you around $600. It was by far one of the most noticeable and attractive improvements I did to my coupe. It gives the car an incredibly unique look that no other car has at night and during the day, they look so high end even normal people make comments on them as most other cars with projector fogs have very small ones.

·
Registered
158 Posts
....but in all seriousness, we had the dealer add the following to our V6 coupe at the point of sale:

Remote engine starter
Rear spoiler
Body side mouldings
Rear bumper applique
Splash guards
Trunk liner
All weather floor mats

All told, it took the service department about 2 days to install everything (not including the trunk liner and floor mats).

Now I'm lookin' for a good AGM battery.
We would love to see some pix

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
186 Posts
Electric supercharger, turbo whistles, stick on louvres and obligatory plastadip. And to be radically different- a lift kit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
must have accessories for 9th gen accord?

Hello guys,

Im buying a 2016 modern steel 4dr touring tomorrow. Which accessories are worthwhile?

Do the mudflaps really make a difference?
How about the wind deflector for the sunroof?
Anything else? Buy factory or wait and buy aftermarket?

Thank You!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
- Splash Guards: Will help keep the lower portions of the rear bumper and front doors from getting blasted with as much road debris. Not an improvement in looks, but cetrainly added function.
- Sunroof wind deflector: IMO, it's so ugly, I'd just skip it. Can also stain/damage paint when removed years down the road.

Other suggestions:
- SPORT GRILLE: Unless you are in love with the giant chrome slab on the front of the car.
- Horn upgrade from CHH: Because the "meep meep" stock horn is weak!
- Wheel locks: Might keep you fancy 19" wheels from ending up on craigslist and your new car off blocks on the street.
- Trunk Tray: Keeps trunk floor clean and new; contains any liquid or dirt.
Cargo net: Don't think I could go very long without one now. Very useful for shopping bags with several small items, keeps everything in one place.
- LED interior and license plate lights: Stock incandescent bulbs are functional but not very attractive and can be improved greatly.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts