Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this Forum. Just bought a used 2013 accord and decided to add simple BMW/Lexus style tail lights for starters. Im looking into Roof spoilers but I dont know where I can buy them pre-Painted in the nh788p color.

Meet Baymax

Some evening shots

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
The lights are different not sure if i like them... you can get a roof spoiler on ebay

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lights are different not sure if i like them... you can get a roof spoiler on ebay
Yes it's Definitely different and a step away from OEM. I drive for Uber part time and got plenty of compliments for having a nice "bimmer" haha. The look on their faces after they see the emblem on my driving wheel in always pleasant.

The problem w pre painted on eBay is that they always mention the "white" is not the same as the factory. Honda has a two tone base white and "pearlizer" paint. Can't find any selling the exact match.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I would get primed and then go to a shop that can match the ***.

·
Registered
216 Posts
can you post night shots of those tail lights?

·
Yo Yo Ma
415 Posts
I bet those taillights look sick at night. Good Job

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can you post night shots of those tail lights?
Heres the best I could Take. The phone pics up a yellow tint to the lights but its actually All red in person like the new bmw and lexus Eagle Eye tail lights. Didnt have anyone around to press the brake lights but those are led dots in between the 3 beams but they dont wrap upwards like the beams. for $237 it was an extremely worth it purchase.

Attachments

·
13 Accord Sedan Sport 6MT
4 Posts
I like those.
Other folks on here have different tail lights that look more Lexus-ie.
Those look original.
I would get those in heartbeat.
Where did you get them?

·
2015 Honda Accord Sport
24 Posts
New to this Forum. Just bought a used 2013 accord and decided to add simple BMW/Lexus style tail lights for starters. Im looking into Roof spoilers but I dont know where I can buy them pre-Painted in the nh788p color.

Meet Baymax

Some evening shots
Those lights look great and are definitely a step up from OEM NON-LED tail lights. Cudos to you. Would you mind shedding light on where you bought them from and also some info on the installation, please.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those lights look great and are definitely a step up from OEM NON-LED tail lights. Cudos to you. Would you mind shedding light on where you bought them from and also some info on the installation, please.
Thanks! I bought them from Amazon. theyre the Anzo Angel Eye Tail lights. They used to be $230 when I bought them but as soon as I posted a review they increased the price to $440.

Installation was much easier than I thought but it involves dropping the bumper. Remove the push/pull tabs from the fabric liner to access the 4 screws holding the tail lights in. theres another large hex screw where the bumper meets the tail light on both sides. Remove the 2 splash guard screws on the outer end of the fender if you have splash guards and you could leave the inner screw in place since youre not completely removing the bumper. there are two push/pull tabs under the bumper that holds the lower chrome piece to the frame, remove those. now with a plastic hard tool ( to prevent scratching your bumper) pull on the bumper where the splash guards are and pull down and away enough to expose the tabs holding the bumper to the frame. you just need to carefully push the tabs enough they snap out and continue that along the bumper about 8 times on each side. theres a few more tabs on the rear of the bumper so just continue doing that. the bumper will come off and you can access the last screw holding each tail light in place. it sounds a lot harder and complicated than it looks but doing it only once for the first time only took about an hour. if i were to go back at it it can probably be done in 20 min.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you put a red vinyl over these or something? The ones on Amazon look clear...like the outside lens is clear instead of red. Does the pic on Amazon look that way just because they were trying to show what the inside of the light looks like?

·
Only dog can judge me.
47 Posts
I am about to buy a *** Sport as well (in MD, too!) and am between these tail lights and another similar set-- Probably the ones you say look more Lexus-y.

I love how these look in 'tail light' mode but I feel like the individual LEDs in 'brake light' mode give them a different feel. I wish the bars that are the tail lights would just get brighter when brake is applied.

They look better in this photo.

which photo is more like how they really look in person?

these are on ebay for $340 shipped.

The ones I am considering move the turn signals (amber LED) and reverse (appears to be incandescent) to the bottom, more like a Lexus.

Haven't decided between the red/smoke (bottom) and the red/clear (top)... Leaning toward the red/clear.

$350 shipped

·
Only dog can judge me.
47 Posts
Red and clear looks best
This is exactly what I wanted to see! I am getting a *** Sport as well. Thank you! Decision made!

How is the quality? Any issues at all? They are kinda pricy, I would expect them to be nice.

edit: is the turn signal LED and the reverse light still a regular bulb?

·
Registered
335 Posts
This is exactly what I wanted to see! I am getting a *** Sport as well. Thank you! Decision made!

How is the quality? Any issues at all? They are kinda pricy, I would expect them to be nice.

edit: is the turn signal LED and the reverse light still a regular bulb?
Every bulb is built into the tails except the reverse light. The reverse light reuses the old bulb or can be replaced with an LED. The quality is pretty good. One of my tails didn't work so the company shipped me a new one for free. Everything is plug and play.

·
Only dog can judge me.
47 Posts
Every bulb is built into the tails except the reverse light. The reverse light reuses the old bulb or can be replaced with an LED. The quality is pretty good. One of my tails didn't work so the company shipped me a new one for free. Everything is plug and play.
Thanks! That's what I gathered from the photo in the listing, but figured the turn signal could have been a regular bulb with a reflector designed to look like LED.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts