Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been into Acura/Hondas since 1993 when my father bought a 1994 Acura integra brand new.

I've had 2 integras Ls/Gsr, RSX-s, tl-s, ej8 civic, and now finally my Accord 6-6. Currently it's in storage to protect it from the harsh ny winters.

I'm driving my 95 prelude S a beater. I've stock piled some mods that will go in this spring.

H&R sport springs on koni adjustable a
Tl-s rear swap bar and links
A-spec 17,s with dunlop direnzas

Currently car has ingals torque damp net, iPod connectivity, all season mats, Jdm dc5-r shift knob. Extreme vision bulbs, dc sports cai.

I just ordered the hondata flash pro from Evans tuning as well. J-pipe, pre car deletes, borla exhaust, 3.7 IM, and tb will finish the car out.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1389349034.301001.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1389349050.623573.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1389349066.310433.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1389349083.832953.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1389349108.451670.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
oOo she r purrrty :yes: Great find, bro! I bought my 18" 10-spoke 9th Gen wheels in Long Island - it was a fun trip! How many miles on that baby?

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
Looks great, excited to see the build progress!

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I got her in April. She had 123,000 on her. One female owner from Manchester CT. The car was dealer maintained from day 1, and garage kept.

I was browsing autotrader when I found it and left a deposit over the phone. It was too clean to pass up. $7800 later and she was mine. Dealer replaced rear caliper, rotors, pads, fluid as well.

I can't wait for the spring for the wheels and suspension, then off to Evans tuning in PA. ImageUploadedByAG Free1389361520.412649.jpg

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Thanks guys, I got her in April. She had 123,000 on her. One female owner from Manchester CT. The car was dealer maintained from day 1, and garage kept.

I was browsing autotrader when I found it and left a deposit over the phone. It was too clean to pass up. $7800 later and she was mine. Dealer replaced rear caliper, rotors, pads, fluid as well.
I would use the word "stole", not "got".

Well played, sir. The 6-6 coupe is a sexy yet smooth-shifting beast.

What is with the front plate delete? Also, is that an older plate on the other car?

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
Nice find! Welcome to DA!

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rick, that's funny. Lol, yes it was a good deal considering dealer pricing. They said everyone looked at it but wouldn't buy it because it was manual. Lol

New York had these plates in 70,s and early 80,s. They look horrible, I don't put a front one on my accord. Looking into custom plates as I can get a white one. The prelude rocks both plates to avoid being pulled over.

I love the car, it has a perfect balance of everything. Now that tuning is available I plan to add all the bolt ons to make it more aggressive while still being comfortable.

Forgot to say 3 years ago ny came back with these plates

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
That's the one nice thing about living in PA - no front plate required :) However, I bought my Accord in Skokie, IL outside of Chicago (shoutout to my boy Rick LOL - he loves every time I mention that ;)) and they require front plates in IL - so I went and got the Accord vanity plate which I happen to love now

·
Ken
302 Posts
Nice find, that car is super clean. Makes mine look like turd even at 80k miles...

You gotta take a few pictures with those A-Spec wheels mounted and dropped, I can't wait to see them on.

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks again for all the nice compliments. The front plate law is really stupid. It's something I've always broken the law with. Lol

I'm so impatient, but I have to wait till April to do the mods, that's when it's back on the road, and get insurance back on. I'll add a few pics in meantime.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1389386784.325250.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1389386822.613292.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1389386902.998513.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1389386958.666139.jpg

·
Registered
169 Posts
nice ride bro and nice collection of mods. we have the same taste in cars too, my first honda was a prelude then another prelude followed by a gsr integra and now my auto v6 accord coupe.

I thought about getting an acura rsx type s but decided to go with the more grown up car, the accord. no regrets it's been a good car so far.

can't wait to see the ride with all the mods installed.:thmsup:

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Do you notice any difference with the addition of the torque damper? I really wanted to feel a difference to justify the purchase. I haven't noticed any major difference.

Nice car, BTW. :)

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,642 Posts
Do you notice any difference with the addition of the torque damper? I really wanted to feel a difference to justify the purchase. I haven't noticed any major difference.

Nice car, BTW. :)

I got the NRG one that mounts to the rear motor mount and drivers side of the rear head. HUGE difference. Much more solid feel. Yeah, there is additional vibrations, but to me, the driving experience was waaaaay improved and worth the vibration at idle, which is the only time you feel it, when you are stopped.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts