Then:

Now:

Then:

Now:

Asian Accord Grill

Smoked headlamp housings

Smoked taillamps

Polkaudio MM series component speakers

Motorola T605 Bluetooth Stereo and Handsfree Kit with microphone located in overhead unit

Dice iPod Interface and Aux input

LED Tag lights

LED Interior Lights

Slotted and Drilled Rotors with painted Calipers

Short Ram Intake and Optima D35 Yellow Top:

TEIN S-TECH Springs and Ingalls Rear Camber Kit

Rear Lip Spoiler

25% Tint in the side windows, 35% Tint in the rear

·
Registered
30 Posts
that is one sweet ride !!! i want to get my car to look like that.
1.i love that grille where do you get it from?
2.how is the sound with replacement speakers versus stock
3.how is the short ram intake what benefits or plus points do you get versus any negative points?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I thought that I recognized your car from the road. Sugar Hill, right?

·
"Life In The Slow Lane"
2,111 Posts
A fie looking automobile :thmsup:
Not crazy about the "cz' sticker by rear plate though...

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Vasekvi, you brought your 03 SSM sedan alive with your project work. You will have a lot of admirers comment on your pride and joy, Regards

Richard

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Very cleanly done. Gonna do tint? trunk lip?

·
2001 Accord v6 EX
62 Posts
looks nice good work

·
V6 Slingshot Engaged!!
519 Posts
That is one hot 7th gen. I love the grill. Much better than the stock US one IMO..

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
that is one sweet ride !!! i want to get my car to look like that.
1.i love that grille where do you get it from?
2.how is the sound with replacement speakers versus stock
3.how is the short ram intake what benefits or plus points do you get versus any negative points?
Thanks man. The grill is a replica Asian Accord Grill. 29 bucks shipped from China from Ebay. Here is the seller's store if you are interested.

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/axlautocom/

Apparently he does not have anything for sale right now as he is upgrading his store. The grill will require modification to fit. It took about 3 hours total time plus waiting for some glue to dry.

Here is the car with the grill only. I also added a chrome strip on the hood to complement it.

And this is with the chrome hood trim.

The chrome hood trim is also an Ebay piece that cost 50 bucks shipped. Here is a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350262007389

The speakers sound awesome. The stock speakers sounded good but these sound even better. The highs are MUCH more clear. I mounted my tweeters in the stock location and turned the -10db crossover tweeter switch to off. As clear as the highs are, I have the treble down farther and I do not see any need to mount them in the door as some insist on doing.

I did have to enlarge the speaker holes in the door though

I also dynamatted the rear speaker shelf top and bottom to quell unwanted vibrations that resulted in the speaker upgrade. I have the dynamat for the front doors but have not gotten around to it yet.

The rear seats now have three way speakers too so the sound is just so much more clear. Bass is very good, but it doesn't quite sound like I have a pair of 12s in the trunk.

No minuses as far as the intake goes. Just a nice growl. I do not have my internal accelerometer tuned well enough to determine how much faster it feels.

Here is my old intake setup!

I thought that I recognized your car from the road. Sugar Hill, right?
That's right. If you need anything from Fry's in Gwinnett, come see me in the telecom department.

Very nice!
Your Accord looks sharp!
shes purrrrfect
Thank you thank you thank you very much.

$8 ebay grill FTL...OEM parts FTW!!!! welcome
There's one in every group. This time it was you.

A fie looking automobile :thmsup:
Not crazy about the "cz' sticker by rear plate though...
Much appreciated. I am not sticker crazy either, but since it was small I said what the heck. I honestly do not even notice it anymore.

Very cleanly done. Gonna do tint? trunk lip?
Yes and yes. Both are planned. I am considering either the OEM lip or this subtle wing I found on Ebay.

I do not like the syle of the OEM spoiler. It looks like it has an upward motion to it, which is opposite of what a spoiler is supposed to at least pretend to do. The 6th gen and 8th gen spoilers look great though.

looks nice good work
Muchas gracias.

Very tastefully done. :thmsup:
That is one hot 7th gen. I love the grill. Much better than the stock US one IMO..
Thanks! Yes both the 7 and 7.5 gen grills do not look this good I agree. I think they did that on purpose for the USDM Accord so it would look less like a TL.

Future mods besides tint and rear lip include Tein SS, Ingalls rear camber kit, J pipe and painted mudguards.

·
Registered
145 Posts
That's right. If you need anything from Fry's in Gwinnett, come see me in the telecom department.
Will do.

Any idea where you are gonna get your tint done? A friend uses a place down in Duluth but was looking for somewhere a little closer.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will do.

Any idea where you are gonna get your tint done? A friend uses a place down in Duluth but was looking for somewhere a little closer.
I have not yet decided where to go. I've been quoted 165 for my car plus the front windows of my wife's 4Runner.

·
The taste of Vtec!
941 Posts
Sigh they dont have the Asian Accord Grill anymore...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Whats the point in blurring on license plate # and leaving one?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts