Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed Function and Form Type 1 Coilovers and the ride is stiff.

The height is basically at max and I did not touch the spring perches (I did not change spring rate).

Any advice to lessen the stiffness? By the way, it handles VERY well.
Did you experience any vibration after installation of the coilovers? I installed Tein Street Basis Coilovers on my 06 coupe with 95k miles and have vibration when accelerating around 30-40mph. My mechanic indicated that the CV axles might need to be replaced as the OEM ones got accustomed to the OEM ride height and are loose after being lowered....was wondering if the same happened to you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Did you experience any vibration after installation of the coilovers? I installed Tein Street Basis Coilovers on my 06 coupe with 95k miles and have vibration when accelerating around 30-40mph. My mechanic indicated that the CV axles might need to be replaced as the OEM ones got accustomed to the OEM ride height and are loose after being lowered....was wondering if the same happened to you.
Yes, at low speeds like 10-20mph, there was sometimes a slight vibration and I blamed it on my one aftermarket cv axle because it is bad and didn't come with the dampening that an OEM does.

Your mechanic is probably correct. The axles are at different angles than what they were at before the lowering of the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
Car looks great! My baby of a 7th gen had 167k miles on it when I sold her and she ran as strong as ever.

They've had situations where they do a tranny flush and the car comes back days later with a damaged transmission. Those could be somewhat unique cases but the flip side of the argument is that draining and filling is good enough so don't complicate things.
This is not unique. It is "well known" by us in the know that flushing Honda tranny's is always a bad idea.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,886 Posts
Get a 22mm Progress RSB, IMO. I've had it on both my 7 gen and now 8th. Paired it with Koni FSB shocks and the handling is great. Round it out with Ultra Racing solid FSB. With our double wishbone front suspension, I believe these 3 mods will yield an amazing ride!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Wow, this is really quite amazing! Has to be the high mileage king here on DriveAccord, no?

I have the exact same year, trim, and color but mine is a manual. 2004 EX 5-manual, dark grey cloth, Satin Silver. I thought I was impressed with mine @ 155k you must be, well, more than doubly impressed at 350k plus. Quite an achievement, really.

Do you remember what you paid?

How 'bout a pic under the hood?

I'm guessing you live in Cali, or Texas, definitely out of the rust belt.
Engine Bay

Attachments

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
that has a timing chain. no need to replace.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,886 Posts
I did 22mm rear. It's adjustable, put it on max. What makes a whopping difference is FSB. You've really done a great job!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Yo dog how many miles you up to?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was told by Honda mechanics not to change the transmission fluid often because it is not needed and sometimes can create problems. I've heard other mechanics say the same and I didn't bring up the conversation or state what I had also heard.

Now I will answer your motor oil question. I have used Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W-20 motor oil since about the 3rd oil change. I change my oil between 3,000-5,000 miles and I use a Honda oil filter and occasionally change the crush washer.

I just thought of CV axles. My passenger one is the factory original. The driver side went bad on me about 2 years ago, so it lasted about 8 years. An aftermarket one cost me $35 and the factory one was about $300. I went with the aftermarket one. It now makes a little noise only if I turn the wheel all the way when making a u-turn.

With that being said, obviously the factory CV axle is better and will last longer, but $35 every 2 years is not a bad option depending on your situation.
on your automatic transmission oil changes did you ever replace the small oil filter that sits on top of the trans?

·
8th Gen Believer
3,886 Posts
I agree with carguy1234 on sway bars, but if you expect magic by doing only the rear, you'll be disappointed. With a 22mm rear SB, body roll was reduced. Adding the front SB flattened the ride substantially. Adding Konis made the ride primo.

·
5 Honda Family
261 Posts
Wow looks great for so many miles.We also own a 06 Accord that my daughter drives.It has 130,000 and still drives like it did the day we bought it new.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats for a good way to maintain a car to that mileage. Maybe Honda should give you a new car if you would hit 400 or maybe even 500 k miles...That would be great advertising for them and you as well. My car is a t 43 k and I am sure that I won t keep it that long. I am getting tired of the cars too quick and I drive a lot less per year. I hope to hear more from you and please be proud of yourself and your car. I guess that if you live in a non rusting part of the country and you do proper maintenance IT CAN BE DONE!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice ride rendog.
Did honda not change the Trans oil a year ago, from atf to dw1? I just got a recent 2006 accord with 61k miles and would like to do a 3x3 refill. How do I go about it. thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Nice ride rendog.
Did honda not change the Trans oil a year ago, from atf to dw1? I just got a recent 2006 accord with 61k miles and would like to do a 3x3 refill. How do I go about it. thanks in advance
You just drain the fluid, add 3 quarts, and repeat twice and every 10K after.

super easy. Just keep the fluid at the correct level.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts