26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Superbowl Sunday 2011

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
i like the car pc. my buddy is tryna get one, where did you get yours from
i agree...thats nice...i have a windows mobile phone with a free wifi hotsop app...internet on the go...a pc in the car would be nice on long road trips for anyone in the passenger seat or when im stopped somewhere

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments guys....

Cholung -I found a small form factor PC on ebay for about 120 and it has a wifi card in it as well and couldn't pass it up. I then found the Xenarc 7" touch screen monitor on there as well for a little more. I just added a power suplly that would automatically start and shutdown the PC when the car starts so I didn't have to do it and so it wouldn't run when the car isn't running.

meallen125 - yeah before the phones offered hotspots I was just going to connect to my house whe I needed to look something up or at rest stops. Now that they're out I need to get a phone with one. Even though the PC has a DVD player the Xenarc also has 2 more inputs so I could plug in a DVD player and show that as well, and use the aux stereo input to use the cars speakers for sound.

·
Registered
23 Posts
you should put a usb expansion on it so you can add a wireless mouse and keyboard...nice mod...i really want the oem navi...how much do they run for

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I keep a wired keyboard and mouse in the car and the PC does have usb slots so it's always a option, I just didn't want to need them and find out the batteries were dead..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, it did. I searched for a black, navi, V6, 7.5 gen....adding a navi to a non-navi car is possible but it isn't easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts